IGNORED

iPhone 5 SIM card

thaibutch

Is it easy to get a pay as you go SIM card for an iPhone 5 ? I think you call them nano sims. And are they more expensive that a "normal" SIM card ?

Thanks in advance

same price , its just a normal sim cut to nano size using a little cutting machine ,costs about 50 baht to get it cut

total nonissue, at least at the Airport.  True, Happy, AIS and DTAC all have nano sims, no cutting needed.  No price differential.

The DTAC (HAPPY) cards are full size sims and you just press the micro sim out of the middle ! easy as that ..its also handy to hang onto the outer card as you can put the miro card back in and use it in your older style nokia etc if need be ..

FYI ..

I also just found out that if you have a 123call card it costs 300baht for 3GiG internet for 1 month !!  i paid with DTAC 700baht for 3 GIG both use the #G network as well im told.

If anyone has additional info on this i would be pleased to know ..Cheers   

I have an old iPhone 4S that I might be able to jail break instead of ruining my 5. Anyone know if this will work with a 4s too?

I have an old iPhone 4S that I might be able to jail break instead of ruining my 5. Anyone know if this will work with a 4s too?

yes.. i took my 4s last year, they just cut one down for me

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

1. Also a total non issue at all the 7-11's I visited in Pattaya and BKK.  Cutting down a regular sim works but it is too thick to fit into the iPhone sim carrier and it needs to be thinned out a little with some light sand paper.  But nano sims are everywhere.

Also a total non issue at all the 7-11's I visited in Pattaya and BKK. Cutting down a regular sim works but it is too thick to fit into the iPhone sim carrier and it needs to be thinned out a little with some light sand paper. But nano sims are everywhere.

I'm so confused right now. So there's different size sims that need to be altered? I guess I'll just play it by ear when I get there.

Don't be confused - just ignore the comments of cut-down sims. That was then, before the nano and micro sims were popular. Now every vendor has the right-sized sim for your iPhone 5 so it's really a non-issue now. 

Don't be confused - just ignore the comments of cut-down sims. That was then, before the nano and micro sims were popular. Now every vendor has the right-sized sim for your iPhone 5 so it's really a non-issue now.

Gotcha, thanks!

This.

Archived