Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

DTAC sim not working in the UK

adebisi

I have used happy (dtac) tourist sims before and they always work when I get back without putting any codes in but this time I got  standard DTAC sim and for some reason it does not connect to a network. Anyone help? 

What do you mean by standard DTAC sim?  they all have a brand name depending what you have take,

The most basic they list is "SIM 15 / 16" who have only 30 day validity but even this one should work oversea.

List can be found here :

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/

What do you mean by standard DTAC sim?  they all have a brand name depending what you have take,

The most basic they list is "SIM 15 / 16" who have only 30 day validity but even this one should work oversea.

List can be found here :

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/

It does not say on the sim but says dtac one one side and happy on the other. Not sure why this one does not work. The other two happy tourist sims worked fine when I got back to the UK. 

Maybe I need to change the settings on this phone, although they are set for the last dtac/happy tourist sim. I have never had to change anything before???  :/

I've had the same thing happen the dtac sim I've had fir the last 3/4 years has stopped picking up the network ???

Except if your phone is loked for use only an specific english network the problem certainly doesnt come from it.

For the package name, i checked and mine is writte only in thai on the cover, if you cant read it  only way to identify it is to look at the picture they show on their site :)

But i dont get, you have use the number in thailand before back or you take a sim a tryed to start use it in england?

Except if your phone is loked for use only an specific english network the problem certainly doesnt come from it.

For the package name, i checked and mine is writte only in thai on the cover, if you cant read it  only way to identify it is to look at the picture they show on their site :)

But i dont get, you have use the number in thailand before back or you take a sim a tryed to start use it in england?

it's always worked for thai sims, and it's never been used for anything else but thai sims for the last few years. Yes it was working with data in thailand last week. 

Nope I never set it up and I can't now as 'Wait for your password to arrive via SMS' [/size]

Not sure what to suggest apart from calling the dtac service centre (use a cheap calling service like local phone or something)

I think the number is 02-202-7000 so add 00 66 and omit the first 0 so 006622027000

One other way would be buy a new sim off ebay... They are only a few pounds.

Not sure what to suggest apart from calling the dtac service centre (use a cheap calling service like local phone or something)

I will try. It's not a big deal just have to get a tourist sim next time as I know they work. How strange, you would have though it would have been the same??

Yep sound like a bug, because i havent see any of the sim they offer that isnt work international.

one idea altough, its could be the automatic network ID that fail, i got that once in the past.

So if you know the network DTAC use in england, try to force your phone for use it, its may work.

I admit upfront at 61 y o I barely am able to scrape by with technology, I have tried to keep sims "alive" but in 5 years and many sims, it just has not happened for me. I have to admit I get complacent, girls I like I give them one of my UK numbers, if they message or ring , fine if they want to be "in touch" if not and if I want to meet again I go to where they work or were living or ring their number when I am back to see if they are available.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would anyone use a Dtac sim in the uk if you were a Brit ?

To get thai bank updates.

To get thai bank updates.

They send you SMS when the account is used by someone else ??

SCB send me an automated email when my account is viewed online

SMS on any operation done on the account is an option, and you get mail for any online action.

but for many operation you do online (like send money to a TG or create a new phone toping sheme) are secured with a SMS code.

Without a thai number to get it you are almost limited as only check the account balance.

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you turned roaming on before you left Thailand?   Also maybe the deal DTAC had with your local carrier changed.

• 3 weeks later...

With my AIS 12call sim, it has to be set up in Thailand for international roaming.

My last one worked fine but I had to replace on my last trip in June and forgot to add International roaming so new one does not work in the states.

I have to add on next trip in 3 weeks.

Archived