Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Driver_Power_State_Failure.....Help Please!

FlipperSoi8

Hi....recently my laptop (Asus Zenbook...Ultrabook) running Windows 8 has been taking an extremely long time to boot up and I get the error message Driver_Power_State_Failure showing. I have looked on the net for a solution and the ones I have seen are pretty vague. Has anyone encountered this before and knows how to solve it? I am pretty computer/tech savvy, but this has me stumped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I am guessing it is an issue with power management?

Cheers,

FlipperSoi8

Haven't had the pleasure of a Windows 8 BSOD yet, but these instructions look pretty straightforward:

http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/03/driver-power-state-failure/

The short of it is that the software that handles your power control scheme isn't working properly. I'd avoid using "Sleep" or "Hibernate" until you update your Bios and/or drivers.  

Hi...Thanks for the info. I had figured that it was a power management/driver issue, but just didn't know how to address the problem. When I get time I will give the Driver Reviver software a spin and see what it comes up with. Asus tech support didn't even consider that....they just said straight away to hard reset the machine to its factory default! Would do that as a very last resort if I have to...then endure the hassle of restoring things from backups and re-installing software!
Once again, thanks for the help.

Cheers,

FlipperSoi8

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had the pleasure of a Windows 8 BSOD yet, but these instructions look pretty straightforward:

http://www.reviversoft.com/blog/2013/03/driver-power-state-failure/

The short of it is that the software that handles your power control scheme isn't working properly. I'd avoid using "Sleep" or "Hibernate" until you update your Bios and/or drivers.  

Thanks for the info. Will try that software when I get back to the UK from work. Only 1 day at home before heading to LOS. If that does not do the trick, can anyone recommend a good place in Tuk Com that could sort it out?

Cheers,

FkipperSoi8

Archived