IGNORED

Scam warning to hotel owners

Bennyhill

Just want to warn other hotel owners abouth a classic scam that some tried to pull on us today:

Booking:

Hello,

I am Mr David Wesley and I wish to make reservations in your accommodation/hospitality if you have availability in your accommodation from the 18th October 2013 to 28th day of October 2013 (Check-in 18th October 2013 and check-out 12 noon 28th October 2013 ) which is 10 nights.I do need 7 double rooms in regards to 14 of my guests(couples) who will be attending my wedding on the 25th of October 2013 at a nearby venue to your hotel.

Please get back to me With the confirmation that you have enough rooms which will accommodate them for the stay and as well,do let me know what it will cost for the booking.I await your reply soon.Have a nice day

Later:

Greetings,I acknowledge the receipt of your response. I wish to inform you thatthe guests have approved to stay in your facility for the period oftime requested. Above all, the price quotation is well accepted by usand as such, we would want to make a part payment of 1,000 USD with acredit card to enable you hold the reservation for us.Moreover, we also made an arrangement with a prepaid logistics agentwho will take care of the flight and logistics needs for the delegatesduring their coming and entire stay with you, but because thelogistics agent does not have a P O S and I am unable to make a bankwire because am working in an Oil Rig at the moment, I do need toconfide with you and send you my credit card information to handle thebelow mentioned payments. Summarily, I would send to you the creditcard information as soon as I hear back from you. Once you receive thecredit card, this is exactly what you are required to do;1. Charge a total of 9,500 USD from it.2. Deduct 1,000 USD been the deposit cost of your services.3. Then you will send the balance of 8,500 USD ( the money for ourflight and travel arrangement) to the logistics agents Bank Account inThailand. The information will be forwarded to you also with the listof guests and our exact arrival time once this arrangement isconfirmed.Finally, confirm this arrangement and provide me with your.(1) Your hotel full name/address(2) Name of the Manager/Owner(3) Hotel's telephone and fax numbersN.B: The balance will be paid upon our arrival in. Looking forward toa warm hospitality!Regards,Mr David Wesley.70 Heddon St London W1B 5RH , United Kingdom .(+44) (0) 704-571-1422 (Telephone)(+44) (0) 702-402-0834 ( Mobile )

Some checking around on internet and I find the same bookings several times done since 2011 onwords.

Different name but same adress and phone numbers.

He has obviosly married many times since 2011.

I got the same email ... and don't even have a hotel ...

But you gotta be a real dickhead to fall for this one .

I got one of these at work once. I sent back Dear scamming cunt,fuck off,.I have forwarded your email to the Australian federal police. Don't know if it worried me but never got another one.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I'm missing something, what's the scam?

If the hotel uses the credit card and withdraws 9,500 baht and then sends 8,500 baht to the logistics agent, where is the scam?

The scam can only work if the credit card is a dud and the withdrawal amount of 9,500 baht is not honoured.

Surely no hotel would sent the 8,500 baht until the 9,500 baht withdrawal is cleared.

Maybe they're working on the idea that some hotels are too busy to follow up or the staff makes a slip up.

Stolen credit card details and YOU end up getting done for money laundering/theft when the cops track it down. Old scam used in numerous ways. You also end up out of pocket when the bank does a reversal on the dodgy charge.

If the hotel uses the credit card and withdraws 9,500 baht and then sends 8,500 baht to the logistics agent, where is the scam?

The scam can only work if the credit card is a dud and the withdrawal amount of 9,500 baht is not honoured.

Surely no hotel would sent the 8,500 baht until the 9,500 baht withdrawal is cleared.

Maybe they're working on the idea that some hotels are too busy to follow up or the staff makes a slip up.

We're not talking Bht ... but USD ...

A variant on the classic "we will put a large credit into your account" Which you will of course check to ensure it has "cleared" and "you will return a smaller amount to us".

Relies on the "cleared funds" becoming uncleared in the future.

Really the same as the classic Nigerian free up funds/ shipping cost scam.

Could it be a danger to a naive local? These scammers do live off the 1 in multi millions.

Could be a useful excercise for local staff working in English and unused to internet scams as in "spot the scam?"

Mostly Nigerian scammers or other Africans that are now popping up in Patts along with their trafficked girls from Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria.

Believe they're all over soi 1, 3 and 5 in bkk now and coming to a soi near you!!

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I can't believe anyone would fall for this but as someone else mentioned it only takes one person in 100 for them to make some serious cash. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Just want to warn other hotel owners abouth a classic scam that some tried to pull on us today:

Booking:

Hello,

I am Mr David Wesley and I wish to make reservations in your accommodation/hospitality if you have availability in your accommodation from the 18th October 2013 to 28th day of October 2013 (Check-in 18th October 2013 and check-out 12 noon 28th October 2013 ) which is 10 nights.I do need 7 double rooms in regards to 14 of my guests(couples) who will be attending my wedding on the 25th of October 2013 at a nearby venue to your hotel.

Please get back to me With the confirmation that you have enough rooms which will accommodate them for the stay and as well,do let me know what it will cost for the booking.I await your reply soon.Have a nice day

Later:

Greetings,

I acknowledge the receipt of your response. I wish to inform you that

the guests have approved to stay in your facility for the period of

time requested. Above all, the price quotation is well accepted by us

and as such, we would want to make a part payment of 1,000 USD with a

credit card to enable you hold the reservation for us.

Moreover, we also made an arrangement with a prepaid logistics agent

who will take care of the flight and logistics needs for the delegates

during their coming and entire stay with you, but because the

logistics agent does not have a P O S and I am unable to make a bank

wire because am working in an Oil Rig at the moment, I do need to

confide with you and send you my credit card information to handle the

below mentioned payments. Summarily, I would send to you the credit

card information as soon as I hear back from you. Once you receive the

credit card, this is exactly what you are required to do;

1. Charge a total of 9,500 USD from it.

2. Deduct 1,000 USD been the deposit cost of your services.

3. Then you will send the balance of 8,500 USD ( the money for our

flight and travel arrangement) to the logistics agents Bank Account in

Thailand. The information will be forwarded to you also with the list

of guests and our exact arrival time once this arrangement is

confirmed.

Finally, confirm this arrangement and provide me with your.

(1) Your hotel full name/address

(2) Name of the Manager/Owner

(3) Hotel's telephone and fax numbers

N.B: The balance will be paid upon our arrival in. Looking forward to

a warm hospitality!

Regards,

Mr David Wesley.

70 Heddon St London W1B 5RH ,

United Kingdom .

(+44) (0) 704-571-1422 (Telephone)

(+44) (0) 702-402-0834 ( Mobile )

Some checking around on internet and I find the same bookings several times done since 2011 onwords.

Different name but same adress and phone numbers.

He has obviosly married many times since 2011.

Thanks for the heads up mate and well done for blowing the whistle on this wanker.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

And if you help me get $10,000,000 out of my country I will split it with you!

It is a Nigerian scam.

We would never send the USD 8.500 to a third party in this scam. The front desk staff first reserved the rooms and we might have lost other bookings becouse of that. Thats why I want to warn others. The first letter of reserving 70 nights doesnt look abnormal at all.

All you have to know is never forward money to a third party after charging an unknown clients credit card.

Or cash someones "certified" cheque, or paypal. All variations of the same scam.

a mate has a motel near Cairns   and gets 3 or 4 of these scams  a week,  there are warnings about this scam in every association newsletter, these buggers never give up trying.

I got one of these at work once. I sent back Dear scamming cunt,fuck off,.I have forwarded your email to the Australian federal police. Don't know if it worried me but never got another one.

Hey Ron-I did a very similar thing But they actually rang my mobile! and I gave them the good ole aussie sling off !!     :Finger5: 

the figures are in USD. certainly the card would be fake or stolen.

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

every unsolicited email that involves transfers of money/data relating money, at 99,999999999% is a scam....

The credit card is stolen and they're doing this to retrieve the money from it

Archived