IGNORED

3BB wifi

gogopattaya

Does anyone know much about 3BB wifi? I seen lots of posters around about it and see lots of wifi signals from it around town. I saw one poster in Thai and if appeared if was offering the service for 99 baht for one month. If so I would be keen to give it a go but I'm sure how to get it working and I don't want pay via credit card. Perhaps they sell login cards somewhere? Does anyone know more about this?

If you visit Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang, there is a 3BB store upstairs, they speak pretty good English and can answer your questions and you can pay in cash.

If you visit Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang, there is a 3BB store upstairs, they speak pretty good English and can answer your questions and you can pay in cash.

Or central festival.

It's 631 baht a month min inc vat

I've not seen one in Central Festival, where about was it?

If it is 631 baht a month then I wont be bothering, its cheaper to use 3G via my dtac sim card. I can't se many people paying that.

I used them last year and was very satisfied with the service . However I had to pay 1 year in advance which came to around 7000 baht including hook up . I stay for an extended period  ( 8 months ) so it is worth it to me as when I return prior to the year being up I can reconnect and start paying 600 baht per month . No problem if I rent in a different building as long as they have 3bb service available .

I found the norm being around 1000 baht a month so no saving the first year but I expect to save 400 baht a month on my next visit if I have to arrange my own internet .

Live here and have used 3bb over the past few years. 631 baht is the correct monthly amount as stated above. Do not believe they have ST rates as the 631 rate requires a 1 year contract. The service is not bad, but speed has for me varied by time of day and location. Don't believe they offer anything for less money, or of shorter duration than a contract. Prior to 3bb had True Internet and found both 3bb and True to be about the same in quality and dependability.

It's not about what you got.. It's all about what you can still get!

• 1 month later...

The 99 Baht Wifi for a month sounds way too cheap. And where is the shop in Central Festival?

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

The 99 Baht Wifi for a month sounds way too cheap. And where is the shop in Central Festival?

Yes, I agree it sounds too cheap for a direct 3BB connection.  Sometimes, people 'resell' access to their 3BB WiFi routers so they could be trying to sell to other tenants within range to recapture their costs and generate income.

I've had 3BB ADSL for over three years and it's fairly reliable and was fast for the first year or two, but now slow probably because of these 'resellers' in my condo complex.  For email and internet browsing, it's fine; but for downloading I now use another ISP cable service. 

We use the 3BB office on the 2nd floor of Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang. 

Thanks a lot, great explanation!

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

I use 3bb wifi in my home and it costs the 631 baht as others have said. I think the 99 baht offer you mentioned might be for mobile wifi. You can purchase packages to get internet access for your phone on the move. 99 baht buys you a few hours a month (can't remember exactly). The more you pay the more hours you get.

Archived