IGNORED

MK Restaurant, Central Festival

Evil Penevil

My girl hates mk. So I've never tried it.. been to ninja and that was OK seems similar to me from the pictures anyway and I think it costs like 200 or 250baht can't remember and then best beef in Bangkok a few times and that was decent and packed with mostly Thai people.. I think that place was around 250 aswell.. little different though as they give you a cook top and not WA mother thing with water and a center cook top like ninja..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like shabushi in central mall ....it seems more interesting than MK for some reason. Maybe its the conveyor belt 55

Thanks for the pics. Do you go to shabushi? I'd be interested in a comparison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once the soup stock was boiling, she began adding ingredients in an order I don't really understand.

With your food knowledge and experience , you would understand how soup and broth is made? Its similar adding whet you want to make the taste you want. These girls learn from young most prob from their moms aunts etc so they know how to make a good soup base. Have you ever tried the soup at the end of the meal? It is E X C E L L E N T!

BTW Oishi Shabushi works similar , if you know your soups , that small pot meal can make your day!

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

With your food knowledge and experience , you would understand how soup and broth is made? Its similar adding whet you want to make the taste you want. These girls learn from young most prob from their moms aunts etc so they know how to make a good soup base. Have you ever tried the soup at the end of the meal? It is E X C E L L E N T!

BTW Oishi Shabushi works similar , if you know your soups , that small pot meal can make your day!

My experience tells me that you first add the ingredients which require the longest cooking time (carrots, corn, some meats or offal) or from which you want to extract the most flavor (herbs,cabbage, etc), while ingredients which only require slight cooking (shrimp, mushrooms, thinly sliced tender meat) go in last.  My companion doesn't follow that order.  I'm not sure it matters that much as the total cooking time isn't that long in a hotpot.

I agree, the soup that results is delicious and in some ways is the highlight of the meal.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

My experience tells me that you first add the ingredients which require the longest cooking time (carrots, corn, some meats or offal) or from which you want to extract the most flavor (herbs,cabbage, etc), while ingredients which only require slight cooking (shrimp, mushrooms, thinly sliced tender meat) go in last.  My companion doesn't follow that order.  I'm not sure it matters that much as the total cooking time isn't that long in a hotpot.

I agree, the soup that results is delicious and in some ways is the highlight of the meal.

Evil

That how its usually done. But some people (maybe your gal) will put some meat early in to give it a more meatier taste to the soup. The meat will be dry and tasteless at the end and usually not eaten.

When I first intro some friends to MK , we would make sure the broth was boiling before throwing everything in! Wait for it to boil again while still stirring it to ensure its evenly cooked and start picking up the quick-to-cook ones before moving to the rest. Still has an excellent soup at the end. :) Damn you getting me hungry!

Its funny sometimes to see some falang staring at the hotpot with no clue what to do!

Love MK,but that little sauce they give you poured out of the kettle,every single time,I have to shit.

It's awesome.Wifey schedules around it "ok after MK,after you shit,we go shopping".

I like shabushi in central mall ....it seems more interesting than MK for some reason. Maybe its the conveyor belt 55

Thanks for the pics. Do you go to shabushi? I'd be interested in a comparison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thing I like about shabushi is you get your own pot to cook in, at least if you sit at the counter.  I've been to MK and others wanted seafood but I didn't except all the stuff I wanted had a slight seafood flavor since it was all cooked together with their seafood.  No problem with that at shabushi so everyone can be happy.  Food wise they are both good.  Of all the ones in Central I like HotPot the least but I'd still eat there it is just not my first choice.

Its funny sometimes to see some falang staring at the hotpot with no clue what to do!

One more tip! Get that raw egg and break it into a small bowl. Scramble the egg and pour in into the soup stirring it AT THE SAME TIME.

Together with the meats and carrots mushrooms etc , its gonna be a great soup at the end!

Enjoy ;)

Damn wish I was in Central now!

Archived