IGNORED

Tourist Assistance Center Opens Office In Phuket Town

Pattaya Daily News

216.jpg
The Tourist Assistance Centre (TAC) has opened a second, temporary, office to help tourists, at Surakul Stadium on the edge of Phuket Town.

Phuket – August 7,2013; There is already a TAC office at Phuket International Airport, and offices in 10 other provinces apart from Phuket.

Santi Pawai, director of the Phuket Office of Tourism and Sport, to whom the local TAC reports, told The Phuket News, “I believe more TACs will be established in other provinces to provide help for tourists.

35.jpg44.jpg

“Currently we have only 10 staff in Phuket [covering both offices]. I want to get more in preparation for the Asean Economic Community [in December 2015] and because the numbers of tourists are continually increasing.

“I think the TAC is an advantage for Phuket tourism because we can help tourists to understand things and give them correct information.”

The office at the stadium is temporary, he added. “The TAC will have a new building. I have already sent a request for approval of the idea to the Ministry of Tourism and Sport.” So far, however, a site for the new building has not been identified.

53.jpg62.jpg

TAC staff man the airport office around the clock, but the stadium office will be open only during normal office hours. The TAC cooperates closely with the Tourist police and other police, the Marine Department and the Tourist Association of Thailand to solve tourists’ problems.

Mr Santi said, “Anyone can call the TAC for help with tourists’ problems. The number is 076 327 100.”

View the original story on The Phuket News

Related items

Print This News Print This News

Type : Thailand News

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

Archived