IGNORED

0900 phone number?

Johnny Danish

I got a phone number from a girl today starting 0900 - what kind of number is that?  Normally mobile numbers start 081 no?  

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -- Mark Twain.

not all numbers start 081 in Thailand the 09 numbers have become more common over the last year also not all 08 numbers are 081 my starts 0848 and I have had that for 13 years

Simple.  09 numbers were added when they  started running out of 08 numbers.   Now we have an easy way to spot noobs!  ha ha.

Thanks guys. I thought it might have been some premium-number scam or such, but I guess not.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. -- Mark Twain.

Simple. 09 numbers were added when they started running out of 08 numbers. Now we have an easy way to spot noobs! ha ha.

I have a 09xxxxxxxx number myself. But have been changing it often :WinkGrin1:

• 2 months later...

I got a phone number from a girl today starting 0900 - what kind of number is that?  Normally mobile numbers start 081 no?  

Six or seven years ago all Thai mobile numbers got an “8” inserted after the “0” (or “+66”).

As the “8”-combinations seem to get exhausted, “9”-combinations are appearing.

You can have numbers starting with, let us say, “0806” and others starting with, let us say, “0901”.

Simple.  09 numbers were added when they  started running out of 08 numbers.   Now we have an easy way to spot noobs!  ha ha.

Not true: the old “8”-combinations are being reused too.

Thanks guys. I thought it might have been some premium-number scam or such, but I guess not.

In Thailand premium numbers start with “1900”.

Archived