IGNORED

Suggestions for 1gig 3G with minimal talk

Little Evil

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this is kind of a repeat question, but I know my exact requirements and was hoping someone can just give me a quick answer. 

Will be in Pattaya for a week. I need a 3G micro sim that will work on a Nexus 4 (quad band world phone).  I'm looking for 1gig 3G data and minimal talking time (around 100 mins).  Tukcom seems to be the place to go for phone related products, but can anyone recommend a specific brand/carrier or specific product?  I normally love the tech stuff and doing my own research, but my trip is so short that I don't want to waste time messing about looking for the right SIM. I just want to quickly buy the SIM, slot it in, and get about to having fun.

I am not sure about a micro sim, but I am sure you could pick up a cutter pretty cheap where you are and bring it with you.

I have 1GB data for 350b a month via AIS (one2call) - I never get through the 1gig each month and you can check your balance.

AIS 1-2Call Top Up Online... http://thaiprepaidcard.com/2010/ais-1-2call-top-up-online/

AIS 12Call
*120 KeyPress:*120*_Top-up-code_# send – Add Credit – IVR
*139*3# send – Check your remaining data plan balance
*121 send or Press: *121#send – Check your remaining balance
*121*1# send – Check your bonus balance.
*125 or Press *125*1# send – Turn on International Roaming
*545# send – Get your own phone number
*139# send – Check remaining SMS/GPRS/WiFi balance
*777 send – Change Promotion
*700 send – Balance and validity transfer, language change and call me back service
*120 send Call: 900120 send – Activate new SIM
*292* 12call number *amount # send (20,50,100,200,300,500)–Transfer credit from Post Paid to 12Call
*140 send or *140*1* 12call number*amount# send (10,20,50,100)–Transfer credit to another user
*500*9# send – Add 30 days validity for 30 THB on Mao Mao package

Living in Thailand for 8+ years, moved to Vietnam also making videos now on YouTube about life in Thailand, Vietnam

Nick Swift YouTube

true move seems to get recomended a lot here

i use DTAC, :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

You can get a dTec micro sim with unlimited 3g and I think about 100 min for 299 bhat at 7-11 and it lasts for 7 days.  If they don't understand "micro sim" just tell them you need it for an iPhone(iPhone uses micro also).  I found the dTec to have great 3g coverage.

i use the 480 baht per month 1.2 gig from dtac.  I previously used the 1 gig for around 50 baht less but with the 1.2 they will give you 360 meg connection if you use the 1.2 up rather than 64 speed with the 1 gig.  I ride the bus to see a gal in kk and i like to burn time on my phone so no worries with the data connection.  Coverage is good.

You can get a dTec micro sim with unlimited 3g and I think about 100 min for 299 bhat at 7-11 and it lasts for 7 days.  If they don't understand "micro sim" just tell them you need it for an iPhone(iPhone uses micro also).  I found the dTec to have great 3g coverage.

Bingo! I think this is what I need.  Sounds like a tourist package with the right about of minutes.  The "unlimited" data--is that 1 gig at 3G?  That should be enough for a week.  Do you know if I can activate it myself without understanding Thai?

Thanks all for all the suggestions.  I think this one works out best because I'm only going to be there for a week.  

Go with a dtac sim which you can pick up from BKK airport. Also you probably know this but make sure your phone is unlocked :)

THANKS for the info will do. dtac.. nice. i needed 3g/h+/h data for my galaxy mega 6.3 b/c it is a must i need to connected always,

they call me mr. botolo always down to represent the 808

Go with a dtac sim which you can pick up from BKK airport. Also you probably know this but make sure your phone is unlocked :)

Yup, Nexus 4 should be factory unlocked.  Same with most US Iphone 5's.  Good thing to mention though, for those who might not realize their phones are SIM locked.  

http://www.mojo3g.com/promotion_jun13.php  cheap and lots of data when u activate it 299bath micro sim, hard to get it, look in E-Sod book store in big C, central festival 3 or 4 floor, thats where i got it from, its good for data, but not works in 2g, so outside pattaya in villages no data. If u stay cities its ok, thier 3G is quite fast. I am using it now. but might switch back to DTAC or True H, as sms not work well on it hmm, but not sure whats prob. When U first activate it u get like 1400MB 

100THB = 500MB

and u get data bonuses for top ups

Other one I recommend U DTAC http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html   399+vat = 1GB

or http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/italk/entry/610    net package

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/packages/iplay/entry/616   net + calls

I would not bother with AIS

Personally I like DTAC, recently they lunched Trinet, so even faster now

i use the 480 baht per month 1.2 gig from dtac.  I previously used the 1 gig for around 50 baht less but with the 1.2 they will give you 360 meg connection if you use the 1.2 up rather than 64 speed with the 1 gig.  I ride the bus to see a gal in kk and i like to burn time on my phone so no worries with the data connection.  Coverage is good.

there is no 1.2 package on thier web http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

how do u get that ? u use prepaid ?

any code to subscribe ?

thanks

Bingo! I think this is what I need.  Sounds like a tourist package with the right about of minutes.  The "unlimited" data--is that 1 gig at 3G?  That should be enough for a week.  Do you know if I can activate it myself without understanding Thai?

Thanks all for all the suggestions.  I think this one works out best because I'm only going to be there for a week.

Yeah you will not need any Thai to activate. Just plug in the card and your good to go. That's all that's needed. The entire 7 days is at 3G speed no matter how much you use. So if you go past 1 gig it will still be 3G. Hope that helps.

You need the 199 Baht unlimited 1 week Happy internet plan from Dtac.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

Get a sim from 7-11 and ask them to do it all for you. Works well. Just top up talk/sms in 100 baht increments as needed.

350 baht all up for sim, data and talk.

Archived