IGNORED

buying a car from Ford

maikern

Watch out when you buy a car from ford jomtien,they agree a px price on old motor,plus a discount,then when you go to pick the new car up,they reduce the px price they give you and say they didn't agree a dicount,then it is thailand I should of leant after all this time.

I think what you should've learnt mate,is not to buy a Ford,from anyone.

The Fiesta and Focus are nice cars. The answer is to get everything in writing, don't trust any "promises".

5555, I thought same same about Ford...that said, My Thai GF only got her 1st driver license and Im thinking will trash whatever I get for her...

Thai stuff is generally not expensive but cars are high priced compared to the  USA states...

Korat Ford was great, I did some research on Thai Cars and decided on Fiesta for my GF's first car, even though not a big fan of any FORD's...

Paid the deposit and ordered a Fiesta S.....

Month or so goes by...MY GF gets license and wants her car 5555

Dealership says 30-50 more days....

I tell her, offer her sales lady 3,000 baht if she can get the car in on my next visit in 2-3 weeks...

One week later, My GF calls me that they have a new Ford Fiesta S in but different color and has body kit and some other perks,cover, mats blah blah blah...also has a different 1.5L engine vs 1.6 (who cares wimpy either way 555).

Long story short and 1 year later, great car, drives good many amenities, no problems and apparently the 1.5 L Ford is on the Thai program for 100,000 baht rebate after year...5555

Best 3,000 baht I ever coughed up in Thailand....GF happy, great gas mileage and I dont have take bus or taxi from BKK to Korat anymore....

8-)

IMAG1084.jpg

I just tried to deal with the Ford on Sukumvit (near Jomtein).   What a painful process.  The two sales attendents were so clueless, my wife and I actually walked out (at my wifes decision).  I am not a big fan of Ford, but was checking all the options for trucks in town.  Ford was by far the worst staff to try to deal with.  It was like they didnt care if they sold a vehicle or not.  Which was ok by me, I preffered the Toyota and Chevorlet anyways...

• 4 months later...

I just tried to deal with the Ford on Sukumvit (near Jomtein).   What a painful process.  The two sales attendents were so clueless, my wife and I actually walked out (at my wifes decision).  I am not a big fan of Ford, but was checking all the options for trucks in town.  Ford was by far the worst staff to try to deal with.  It was like they didnt care if they sold a vehicle or not.  Which was ok by me, I preffered the Toyota and Chevorlet anyways...

dealt with Ford at Rayong sales guy was 1st class,pattaya ford and sirracha ford were a waste of time

Archived