IGNORED

Sailor Restaurant, Soi 8 - Yuck!

Evil Penevil

Strange, breakfast was always advertised 24 hours a day.

Sign up now Brekkie at 65 Baht finishes at 15.30 daily which for most normal people is late enough !!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sign up now Brekkie at 65 Baht finishes at 15.30 daily which for most normal people is late enough !!

Now start 6am finish 3pm

I'm staggered at the OP on this thread. People vote with their feet and Sailors Restuarant is always packed even in the lowest of low seasons. No chance of getting tables at busier times of the year !

The Cordon Bleu and Schnitzel have not changed in decades.

Been in the freezer for decades...

Because it is busy doesn't mean it is good,many cheap Charlie's don't mind eating garbage.

I'm staggered at the OP on this thread. People vote with their feet and Sailors Restuarant is always packed even in the lowest of low seasons. No chance of getting tables at busier times of the year !

A lot of punters out there used to eating shite

Just look at the price not the quality of the food

Fair shake of the sauce bottle Pheat!  

Popular does not equal quality. Look at the most popular newspapers, tv programmes or pieces of music.

I'm glad it hits the spot for you but certainly isn't value for money in my book.

Its snobbery.

Been in sailor bar a couple of times, once on a great bar crawl with Bagel (pussy Club) we sampled the cheap cocktails, which were fine, especially considering the price and the second visit was with a LLT, we stopped in for a beer, I said "I'm feeling a tad peckish" she insisted on getting food from a nearby cart, maybe she knew something I didn't?  I did feel a wee bit self conscious about it tho (only a wee bit mind) at least we did not get hassled for eating outside food, which I half expected.

I was sitting right in front of the cocktail sign at the front with a big bowl of delicious soup too.

Been in sailor bar a couple of times, once on a great bar crawl with Bagel (pussy Club) we sampled the cheap cocktails, which were fine, especially considering the price and the second visit was with a LLT, we stopped in for a beer, I said "I'm feeling a tad peckish" she insisted on getting food from a nearby cart, maybe she knew something I didn't?  I did feel a wee bit self conscious about it tho (only a wee bit mind) at least we did not get hassled for eating outside food, which I half expected.

I was sitting right in front of the cocktail sign at the front with a big bowl of delicious soup too.

Nothing wrong with the cocktails

But most of the food served is top quality shite

Nothing wrong with the cocktails

I get the Long Island, at twice the price of the other ones, its my high-rolling venue of choice 55

Disrespect the dish perfectly acceptable.......disrespect me not on buddy

Its snobbery.

Yep pure and simple. I also object strongly to the other 2 Posters claiming I eat shite

Disrespect the dish perfectly acceptable.......disrespect me not on buddy

My post was not directed at you

Its snobbery.

That's an absurd accusation.  I based my reports on the food that appeared in front of me and the experience I had in the restaurant. Snobbery has nothing to do with it.  On a daily basis, I often eat in Thai "pop-up" street  and hole-in-the-wall restaurants.  Those are hardly fine-dining establishments but they offer damn good food at a modest price.  You can eat infinitely better in those places for about the same cost as the Sailor.  The thread I started about them is here.

Maybe some people have been luckier with the food they got at Sailor than I was.  But if you think the plate of goulash I got at Sailor looks or tasted good,  we do indeed have radically different concepts of what is good food.

post-942-0-74047500-1375060216.jpg

I'm not at all hesitant to try low-cost farang-oriented restaurants in Pattaya and have done many reviews: here here here here and here.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

TBH I'm surprised that Evil needed to eat there to find out what the food quality is like, but perhaps he was taking one for the team.

They say you get what you pay for I suppose.  :SoWhat1:

Archived