Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

6 Year – Old Disappears While Playing In The Sea At Rayong beach

Pattaya Daily News

ra2.jpg
A 6 year-old boy who came to play at a Rayong beach after making a merit at a Buddhist Lent Festival in Rayong. Rescuers were immediately called up to dive down the sea water in order to recover the body of the child.

RAYONG – July 22,2013 [PDN]; At the scene, as described by reporters, was surrounded by local people who were having a look on what had happened. The mother of the 6 year-old boy who went missing said that her son was still in kindergarten and that they were from Bangkok.

ra3.jpgra4.jpg

She continued to say that since it was the beginning of the Buddhist Lent Festival, her family decided to make merits at a temple in Rayong, after making the merits, they went to a nearby beach, but she did say that her 6 year-old son was playing with the sea water alone. Soon after leaving the child alone, a big wave came in which pulled the child into the sea water. Locals and his family tried to find the child underwater, but since the seawater wasn’t clear, they couldn’t find the child, causing sadness for both the family and local people.

The body of the boy has yet to be recovered by rescue officers that specialize in diving.

Related items

Print This News Print This News

Type : Thailand News
Photo : Internet

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

It is not that rough. I was there a month ago and it was very calm and my TGFs kids swam no problem. They can swim but seriously something has gone badly wrong here. Can only think the tike panicked or hit his head.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

My boy is six and I can't imagine leaving him near the sea by himself.He can swim but that sea looks rough.So sad.

That area is known for drownings of adults!!

RIP

That area is known for drownings of adults!!

RIP

Bingo - rip tide. The fact that adults don't grasp that is bad enough, even worse that they don't think anything wrong about leaving a child, alone, to play in the surf.

Bingo - rip tide. The fact that adults don't grasp that is bad enough, even worse that they don't think anything wrong about leaving a child, alone, to play in the surf.

Very sad indeed.

What's so unbelievable about this?

That a mother would leave her child unattended in the sea, I thought that would be obvious to most adults.

Nightmare scenario , my 7 year old daughter was going there on Monday for the same temple and then the beach, luckily it got cancelled.

I remember at 9 years old i was in Menorca swimming, there was an off shore breeze and the red flag was up, i got dragged out quite far but managed to swim back in, my dad came out after me but had to cling on to a rock about 50 metres away from me, nearly killed us both, lucky i was a strong swimmer. That day i learnt to respect the sea.

Archived