IGNORED

Reply to Topic "Auto-Save" feature - lost my reply mid-stream

brutox

... hey, guys ... replying to a post, I lost connection and lost my lengthy and unfinished reply.

... I've seen on the forum what I thought was an "auto-save" feature, but can find nothing on it.

... now returned to the forum, is recovering my half-finished lost reply to post possible?

Thanks!

brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I don't know but I suspect that it is lost. I have lost stuff like this before and it is annoying. What I now do if I have a connection issues is that I select all the text and copy it before doing anything. At least this way it is just a matter of pasting it back into the posting box.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You have to click on "View Auto Save Content" in the bottom left of the editor...

post-11269-0-27690000-1374391139_thumb.png

But if you navigate away from the page then it is lost, plus the fact that you lost connection would mean that it can't save the data to the server so that might be why.

You have to click on "View Auto Save Content" in the bottom left of the editor...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-07-21 at 08.17.35.png

But if you navigate away from the page then it is lost, plus the fact that you lost connection would mean that it can't save the data to the server so that might be why.

... yeah ... returning to the forum after losing the thread makes "Auto-save" unusable.

... it is a good idea and would be a useful tool in emerging market locations as Thailand, where basic communication infrastructure remains underperforming and unreliable.

... with the recent forum upgrades, maybe improving how "Auto-save" is written into the system will be put on the hit-list of stuff at which to look.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-07-21 at 08.17.35.png

I've had power outages and come back later to find it was there, but of course you have to go back to the thread and re-quote the post you were replying to before the "View Auto Save Content" sign will appear.

Maybe I was lucky, maybe there's a time limit......dunno.

Archived