IGNORED

3g, h, and h+ (data speed) on cell phones

charles akana

does pattaya have 3g or faster for cell phones, yet? if so what carriers/simm. thank you  

they call me mr. botolo always down to represent the 808

Dtac/happy

Adequate and I can tether to my tablet with no problems

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

I know Dtac has 3G and their network is pretty good too, preferred carrier when I'm in LoS.

I have come to prefer Truemove H. Quite good HDSPA performance in Bangkok and Pattaya and decent on the motorway between the two. You do need to check that your phone supports the 850 MHz band though. iPhone does.

They are building out LTE: available in bkk now and supposedly in Pattaya later this year.

http://thailandfacts.com/true-move-4g-lte-speed-test-bangkok-thailand/

Does anyone know if a T-Mobile version of the Nexus One will work on 3G or anything better than EDGE in Bangkok/Pattaya? I only need internet service so what's the best way to get unlimited or bunches of minutes for the best price?

Does anyone know if a T-Mobile version of the Nexus One will work on 3G or anything better than EDGE in Bangkok/Pattaya? I only need internet service so what's the best way to get unlimited or bunches of minutes for the best price?

Yep. Truemove worked for me with that phone. Ais was garbage.

In Pattaya I use 12call (AIS). Here are the 3G speed tests. Your mileage may vary!

Prices: http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/simcard-one2call-netsim-3g.html

550+ baht per month gives you access to the 3BB hotspots throughout Pattaya and Bangkok and other places, but my success rate in even connecting to them has been about 50%. 

photo 1.PNG photo 2.PNG photo 3.PNG

Archived