IGNORED

Kata Beach Phuket with a Japanese gal?

Tengu

All right!!

I have my Bangkok hotels sorted as well as my Pattaya apartment. Just need to work out the middle of the trip, which is the beach portion and my birthday libations.

A tip from a friend has led me to check out Kata Beach in Phuket. He recommends it for my time with my regular gf, who is Japanese. Anyway, it looks like a nice sized town with plenty to do for a few days.

One of the days would be my birthday of which I was thinking to take the ferry to Koh Phi Phi for a night. A nice bunglow on the beach would be just what I need.

I've been on Agoda today looking for decent hotels for under 2000 baht for both places.

I have never been to kata beach or Phi Phi, so I don't know a good location to stay. At best we'd like a view of the ocean from the room and from the pool if possible.

Also thinking about hiring a motorbike just to putter around town.

So basically, I need advice on

airport transfer

hotel in Kata Beach

hotel koh Phi Phi

motorbike rental

Thanks in advance guys!!! :GoldenSmile1:

It wasn't me

Any chance we can see some pics of your Japanese GF ...

Kata and Kata Noi are gorgeous beaches. Even get some surf at times.

If you have hiso pretentions try the Katatani  [think that's where the Aussie lady was stabbed by motocy bandit]

Club Med if you have French Colonial ambitions, right on Kata Beach

Try to pick a small place....

We stayed in Patong on most of our trips, just hired a bike to get down to Kata/Noi.  Its very quiet down there of a night time ..... may suit you ... or not.

Any chance we can see some pics of your Japanese GF ...

Tried to post you one, Jerry, but won't upload pics directly. Plus, if I released one on the net and it got back to her.... well, I guess I'd have to find another one. lol

It wasn't me

Kata and Kata Noi are gorgeous beaches. Even get some surf at times.

If you have hiso pretentions try the Katatani  [think that's where the Aussie lady was stabbed by motocy bandit]

Club Med if you have French Colonial ambitions, right on Kata Beach

Try to pick a small place....

We stayed in Patong on most of our trips, just hired a bike to get down to Kata/Noi.  Its very quiet down there of a night time ..... may suit you ... or not.

Cheers Ranger,

Yeah, I don't know if it'll be too quiet. But as always, trying to keep her exposure to the mongering thing as close to zero as possible. Especially since I'll be staying on in LOS after she flys back to Japan.

I'm thinking a comfortable hotel witha a nice view and some good Thai restaurants around will do the trick.

I'll check out the hotels you mentioned.

Cheers!

It wasn't me

Take a look at Paradise and Tri Trang beach. Both are smaller and more secluded spots, probably both better than kata as well.

Take a look at Paradise and Tri Trang beach. Both are smaller and more secluded spots, probably both better than kata as well.

Thanks Kopite, will do.

It wasn't me

• 2 weeks later...

If you are still looking for a hotel near Kata Beach, check out CC Blooms.  My friends stayed there and loved it.  I was supposed to join them but got stuck in what I call the Bangkok Rut.  So, I don't have a first hand experience.  Anyways, they loved it so much that they would return.  I have to warn you though, it's situated on top of a steep hill.  So, if your cardio isn't up to par, you might have to reconsider.  The hill was so steep, some tuk tuks wouldn't take them.  Again, even faced with that hill, they absolutely loved it.

I can, however, vouch for Kata Beach.  Great, quiet beach.  Simply magical in the early mornings.  Great place to learn how to surf since the waves are tame.  Would have loved to learn myself, but I am a very poor swimmer.

One last thing, CC Blooms is gay-friendly.  I don't know how you feel about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Phuket. We ended up staying at the Hilton, since my girl apparently has a connection

Location was pretty much shit. We thankfully found a car rental and that saved the trip.

And about the hills, they're all over. Would hate to walk that.

After a bit of driving around, I found some hotels I might stay in next time. Foto hotel for example.

And Surin beach was decent, too.

And for the record, the Hilton was gay friendly.

Whatever gets your rocks off is fine with me.

Cheers everybody for the advice.

Now I'm solo in Patts!!!

It wasn't me

• 4 months later...

Did you stay at the Hilton Arcadia in Karon? I'm planning on going there and wondering if its guest friendly.

• 1 month later...

Did you stay at the Hilton Arcadia in Karon? I'm planning on going there and wondering if its guest friendly.

Have stayed there many times in the past and never had any problems with a joiner.  Beside that the place is so massive it is easy to go to your building and your room without passing by any staff.

Archived