IGNORED

Facebook in China (off topic but needed)

holsteinpill

Fellow PA's  

I know this is nothing to do with Thailand, but i am hoping someone can guide me into my request.

How do i get around getting Facebook in China?.

Yes.... I cant believe it, they have accept the PA sight here in Shenzhen 55555555,  but I really need to speak to a few pals on FB to help me whilst in China.

Any pro-active advise would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Holstein

Get a VPN . On my I-pad used VPN fire , you can sign up for a few weeks , a few month or longer. It worked ok, most of the time.  There is a lot of companies that offers VPN s for Windows computers, but check it out first ,not all of them work in China.

On a Macbook, will that be the same as an I-pad?

On a Macbook, will that be the same as an I-pad?

I dont know, here is the homepage. http://www.vpnfires.biz/ so check it out.

I have it on my  I -pad ,but it should work on Macbooks also.

I see 2 options: you ca use a VPN or an internet proxy. Both have the same result. The would allow you to access websites that you would normally not be able to access

China blocks access to some servers on internet so if the VPN or proxy you try to use uses a server that is blocked by China it will not work. So you will only be able to check if it actually works ones you are there

I guess best to check a few possibilities upfront and check them out when you get there

VPN is the way to go.  I use Strong VPN.  You can nominate what country server that appear to be using.  Strong VPN does not slow down your access speed and seems reliable.  There are apps for mobile devices and desktop applications.  The only drawback is that you can only be logged in from one device at a time. 

A mate of mine has similar issues when working in the middle east.  VPN solves this. 

Looks like I've sorted it with a VPN.  Thanks for the advice

Greetings from China  :GoldenSmile1:

There is a lot of stuff blocked in China. VPN is the way to go. If you are planning on going to China have a VPN installed and working before going as it can be tricky installing one once you are there.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived