IGNORED

Unable To Call USA From Pattaya: What Is Going On?

Sexyfarangman

I have a DTAC SIM card with a 112 baht balance on my Nokia. I have tried calling several numbers in the USA and keep getting a notification that the number is barred. I am calling 0011, then the area code and number. Does anyone know what is going on?

Maybe the DTAC settings have you blocked, give dtac a call or go into tuckom ?

I have a DTAC SIM card with a 112 baht balance on my Nokia. I have tried calling several numbers in the USA and keep getting a notification that the number is barred. I am calling 0011, then the area code and number. Does anyone know what is going on?

You do not need to add the 0011 at the start so perhaps that is the problem. You just use a + then the number. For cheaper rates on DTAC use 004 then the number.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Isn't the US just +001? (The benefit of having invented the phone and the made the first network…)

Have you just tried dialling 001 - ### - ### ####? 

Try dialing +1, then the ten digit US number.

Isn't the US just +001? (The benefit of having invented the phone and the made the first network…)

I think you will find that +1 ###  ### #### will work better.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

The 0011 is the problem.

001 - 1 - Area Code - Land Phone Number

001 - 1 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

its +1 area code 7 digit number

It doesn't work. The + sign is on the same key as the asterisk * symbol. When I click the key, the * symbol comes up. Is there suppose to be a way that I can get the + sign to come up?

You do not need to add the 0011 at the start so perhaps that is the problem. You just use a + then the number. For cheaper rates on DTAC use 004 then the number.

Neither of these options work.

The 0011 is the problem.

001 - 1 - Area Code - Land Phone Number

001 - 1 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

Are you saying that I need to put a - sign after 001 and 1? How do I do that?

I got a "number barred" message.

It doesn't work. The + sign is on the same key as the asterisk * symbol. When I click the key, the * symbol comes up. Is there suppose to be a way that I can get the + sign to come up?

Keep your finger on the * for a few seconds it "should" change to the plus sign 

Keep your finger on the * for a few seconds it "should" change to the plus sign 

Doesn't work. I may need to get something other than DTAC.

Doesn't work. I may need to get something other than DTAC.

Dial 1678 and ask them what is causing your problems. They have English speaking people.

Dial 1678 and ask them what is causing your problems. They have English speaking people.

Many thanks. I called 1678 and the message I got was to call 0041 and then the number. It worked perfectly.

Many thanks. I called 1678 and the message I got was to call 0041 and then the number. It worked perfectly.

I believe I told you the same earlier...lol Using 004 gives you a cheaper rate.

Now that the problem has been solved I want to point out that an Italian invented the telephone. He just fucked up the patent leaving the door open for Bell to claim the honour. Do a search for Antonio Meucci.

I believe I told you the same earlier...lol Using 004 gives you a cheaper rate.

It looks like it was a 10 baht rate for 1 minute.

I think you will find that +1 ###  ### #### will work better.

I think you'll find that 001 is the same thing as +1. How do you think they did it on rotary phones?   :wink:

Seems DTAC is the culprit.

(edit: Yep - and so it's now solved. I'll leave this here in case someone finds a dial one day…)

Now that the problem has been solved I want to point out that an Italian invented the telephone. He just fucked up the patent leaving the door open for Bell to claim the honour. Do a search for Antonio Meucci.

Two quick things: 

1) I said "telephone network". Inventions are always built on the backs and shoulders of those who came before, but the network infrastructure that survives is a bit more permanent and decidedly particular to Bell.

2) While Meucci was originally an Italian, and Bell was a Scot, they were - like many, many Americans: Immigrants. They did their inventing and patenting in the US, as citizens. It's also VITALLY important to explain the means of the effect being patented. Wikipedia: 

Meucci set up a form of voice communication link in his Staten Island, N.Y., home that connected its second floor bedroom to his laboratory.[5] He submitted a patent caveat for his telephonic device to the U.S. Patent Office in 1871, but there was no mention of electromagnetic transmission of vocal sound in his caveat. In 1876,Alexander Graham Bell was granted a patent for the electromagnetic transmission of vocal sound by undulatory electric current.

Unfortunately, a completely useless patent without describing how it works. It's like those IT idiots now who try to raise VC money describing a computer at one end, another computer on the other end, and line between with a "cloud", where the "magic" happens. 

Anyway, both still discovered and patented in the US so essentially we're still #1!  :) 

Whether Bell stole from Meucci or not, all I can say is - yeah, fuckin' Scots, man. Fuckin' Scots.    :wink:

What Meucci created was nothing more than an intercom system in his house. His house in New York... not Italy.

It was nothing even close to Bell's telephone system.

Archived