IGNORED

lobster prices

what kind of prices is it for lobster i know it is charged by the weight but i have no idea what a lobster weighs

, iwas in greece in the eraly 90s and a lobster was 50 quid and you had to order it the day before u wanted it

Can't remember the price only for lobster but we ( 2 adults + 3 hungry kids) had a meal a few weeks ago and spent 7000 Baht for,

- A big lobster

- prawns

- steamed fish

- Hoy lie

- hoy clang

- hoy wan

- steamed veggie

- 5 individual birthday cakes

- 2 bottles of good wine

- numerous cokes and sprites

This was in King seafood....NOT my favourite but my favourite,Lobster Pot, was full...they do a better choice of wine + the food is better...OH and I don't like the woman owner of King...hate the way she ponces over "special" customers..and told her so after my second bottle :)

Can't remember the price only for lobster but we ( 2 adults + 3 hungry kids) had a meal a few weeks ago and spent 7000 Baht for,

- A big lobster

- prawns

- steamed fish

- Hoy lie

- hoy clang

- hoy wan

- steamed veggie

- 5 individual birthday cakes

- 2 bottles of good wine

- numerous cokes and sprites

This was in King seafood....NOT my favourite but my favourite,Lobster Pot, was full...they do a better choice of wine + the food is better...OH and I don't like the woman owner of King...hate the way she ponces over "special" customers..and told her so after my second bottle :unsure:

thanks jerimia i,m goona try the lobster pot i think never ate lobster before only crab

thanks jerimia i,m goona try the lobster pot i think never ate lobster before only crab

If you want to try crab/prawns on the beach go to TOPS and they steam/BBQ it for you...pick up a bottle of wine and head down to the beach..

If you are in a condo head up to Naklua fish market buy your own crab / prawns etc and get your TG to cook it for you!!

Edited by Jeremia

As I recall from days in Bangkok,,,,the only lobster I could find was at the upscale restaurants, and although they had very expensive prices and good sauces, butter, etc....,,,rock lobster was the only available,,,,,,I have always found it to be to stringy, chewey, and a bit strong "fishy" taste......

Walking Street restaurants charge B2000-2200 per Kilo, live weight.

Walking street restaurants charge B2000-2200 per Kilo, live weight.

That's pretty darn good!

the lobster pot is a must for seafood lovers.....i got chilli clams as a starter with rock lobster as main course and a carafe of sangria ...i think it came to about 1300 baht.....bargain

Gf had lobster in December in the open air restaurang on the right hand side going into WS. Was around 850Bht I think.

Edited by Tezcatli

• 4 weeks later...

In Nang Nual (walking street) which is the most expensive in town it is about 2000/kg. I think our "mediterranean" lobsters (I am Italian) taste better though. Try tiger prawns instead, they cost about the same, 1800 to 2000/kg in the tourist area (much less in thai restaurants) but in reality you get much more meat because the part you have to discard is lighter and the taste is just wonderful, better than lobster IMHO. Get them barbecued of course!!

If you go to thai restaurants where locals go, tiger prawns go for 600/kg or less, sometimes they are smaller but taste just great and are a REAL bargain at that price. Last week I had ten (TEN!) midsize prawns (wonderful) 2 beers and stir fried mixed vegetables for 500 baht in one of these places. In Italy it would be around 4 times that or more. Enjoy!!

we had a grilled lobster, a noodle, rice and soup dish and 2 drinks for 1050 bt from Marine seafood outside Coyotees - it was lovely :)

I've always thought the better deal with lobster was to go for the smaller 'rock lobster', they don't look too good when not cooked (grey with no head) but they're lovely, expecially as a thermidor. MMmmmmmmmmm.

Try them next time.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If you want to try crab/prawns on the beach go to TOPS and they steam/BBQ it for you...pick up a bottle of wine and head down to the beach..

If you are in a condo head up to Naklua fish market buy your own crab / prawns etc and get your TG to cook it for you!!

Can you give me some more info on TOPS? When I take my first trip next May what I would like to do is go to the local seafood markets and get my own lobster, prawns, crab etc. then find some place that will steam/BBQ them up for me with a little melted butter to go with. Is this what TOPS will do? If not, are there places that will? How much is generally charged to cook seafood you brought and give you some melted butter or other sauce on the side?

I'm planning on staying at the Pattaya Bay Resort. Will the restaurant at the hotel you're staying at do this for you?

I'm new so this might sound stupid but what does TG stand for?

• 3 weeks later...
the lobster pot is a must for seafood lovers.....i got chilli clams as a starter with rock lobster as main course and a carafe of sangria ...i think it came to about 1300 baht.....bargain

Not a bad price, I seen a lot of pics on this board showing that Lobster Pot on walking, plan on checking it out since i luv seafood

All I can say danboy is that it's a fookin lot cheaper than here!!! You wont have any worries when you order a lobster for your bg, unless of course she brings 10 of her mates or family, then you're fooked!!! lol :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by sonic692

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F8soolsiIOo&...feature=related

2 All beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

• 4 weeks later...