Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

For people who fear their SIM will be deactivated (DTAC)

hetepatat

SIM Card Validity

For new and existing Happy cutomers.

For Happy prepaid customers, in order to make your experience with us super happy, we have prepared some useful information as follows:

Prior to calling balance expiration

You can outgoing and receive incoming calls normally according to the ramaining account balance and validity period.

The system will send a warning SMS 1 day prior to calling balance expiration.

Within 45 days after balance expiration

Within temporary 30 day account suspension : Day 1 t0 30 after the balance expiration The system will send an SMS the first day after calling balance expiration.

Users can receive calls, but not make any avoice calls,

If the account is topped up during this period, the system will automatically credit the account balance and restore normal use privileges.

The 15 day account suspension : Day 31- 45 after the balance expiration The system will send an SMS the first day after account is suspended.

Users can neither receive or make outgoing calls,

Any remaining balance will automatically be forfeited, and the account balance will be reset to 0.00 baht since the first day of suspension.

Cancellation of your account

After the initial 45 day period, following the expiration of a user’s account balance, the number will no longer be valid and will be cancelled from the system. If a user wishes to continue using Happy service, we recommend you purchase a new SIM card.

Remarks: Warning and conditions are subject to change.

Users should make sure to top up their account prior to calling balance expiration.

Special Offer Happy proudly presents this special offer, allowing users to continue to receive calls during 15 day account suspension period. Offer good through 31 December 2012, and subject to terms and conditions of existing promotion package.

What can you do ? :

Temporary 30 day suspension period

Receive incoming calls, but outgoing calls suspended

Top up and check balance

Remaining balance is activated when account is topped up

15 Day suspension period

Incoming and outgoing calls suspended

Top up and check balance

Remaining balance is forfeited

After account is permanently suspended

Purchase New SIM

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

I had the same number with DTAC for about 7 year and cancelled it on me without any notice. When I went to DTAC about the problem they were totally unwilling to assist me in anyway. This number was tied in to many accounts and all my friends back in the USA. SHAME ON DTAC! I will never use their service again, this is for sure. :Fuck_Knows:

I read about 5 months ago that all telephone accounts were going to have no expiry.

The news above shows this is not true.

The best you can do is before you leave make sure you extend your sim to the max you can.

This is done by doing the following

Extend Validity – Press : *113*[number of days 30/60/90/180]*9# Example: *113*180*9# for 180 day extension. 2 Baht per month.

As you can see its only 2 baht per month to do this so well worth doing just before you board the plane to go home.

You can also extend on the net on a number of websites including KBank i believe if you have an account.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Conditions of extending your validity, according to thaiprepaidcard.com :

Rates: 2 baht/30 day request, 6 baht/90 day, 12 baht/180 day. User will receive a confirmation SMS. Must have activated SIM for at least 90 days continuously, or have a total usage balance of over 200 baht. Account must not be suspended, and must have at least 1 day before it expires. Remaining credit may not be less than 10 baht after

Wouldn't work for me today :-)

I have 10 baht still on the card now and i didn't have it active for 90 days yet.

But for people who wish to extend, it's ok to just do an online topup one or more times, then go on with extending after 90 days of validity.

I think i will just buy a new one..

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

ive had a DTAC card for 5 years now, turned it on at the weekend and no coverge(at home)

usually works at home..i always get a text saying its valid for another year everytime i top up..

hope its not cancelled :DeadHorse2:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

ive had a DTAC card for 5 years now, turned it on at the weekend and no coverge(at home)

usually works at home..i always get a text saying its valid for another year everytime i top up..

hope its not cancelled :DeadHorse2:

Try to call this number : *101*9#

It also works from your home country.

For prepaid, it gives you the credit on the card and the amount of days it is still valid.

Let us know what you got... Or did you get no network availability at all ?

Then either your roaming is not on or your card was cancelled.

You can confirm it with DTAC : Simply call + 662 202 7100 (dtac call center)

Thanks for the info guys seems the way to go ! i just gave my phone to a pal who was going over to pats as i am not going to be there for a few months,but plan to try that when i get back !

Try to call this number : *101*9#

It also works from your home country.

For prepaid, it gives you the credit on the card and the amount of days it is still valid.

Let us know what you got... Or did you get no network availability at all ?

Then either your roaming is not on or your card was cancelled.

You can confirm it with DTAC : Simply call + 662 202 7100 (dtac call center)

thanks

ill have to check that out

I got no network availability at all.. :DeadHorse2:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

...am a dinosaur vis a vis these matters,(so), would someone out there mind advising me of best way to become mobile-phone operational, if arrive in Pattaya without any existing handset or pre-arrangement.......thanking you...

-Is your British phone an unlocked one (can be used with other simcards / operators : use that one

-If it is not :   take a cheap, maybe second hand, not locked GSM phone with you. Make it a second hand smartphone running on Android or if you prefer on Apple's IOS. This way you can still use internet on your phone for whatever you would want to use it. Skype calls to UK, check mail, send mail, etc..
- On arrival, go to an airport office of DTAC or buy a simcard in 7/11 (24 hours shops, find them EVERYWHERE)

- If you arrive without a phone : go to TUKCOM  in Pattaya where you can probably buy a phone for 500 - 1000 baht, cheap samsung or nokia or anything you want. Ask them to give you a DTAC tourist sim (from 49 baht and one day unlimited internet + 15 baht call value included). They will install it for you and you will get a working phone in your hands.. Advantage of tourist sim is that you can send text to other countries cheaper and often you get a good deal on internet. With a cheap phone, you will not use internet though..

If you are not in a hurry and once you meet a girl you 'click' with and keep her LT :    ask her to arrange a phone and new sim for you :-)  
Tell her you want CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP if that is the case or you might end up with a new Iphone or a thing like that.   Even better : go to the shop with her :-)     I guess these girls all know where to get the mustard !   Knowing that finding mustard is more difficult than sperm though..
Sometimes, you need to delegate things in life :-)

Cheers !

Archived