IGNORED

Is anyone else frustrated by Android OS?

Mad Max

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet and using it to access this forum and emails etc really frustrates me bcos the screen is sometimes very difficult to operate with...eg I was trying to log on to this forum and when touching the sign in button, it was very difficult....I had to 'pinch out' the screen to make the sign button larger so that it could become a larger icon to click on to, so that I could sign in....

Anybody else have similar issues or is it just me with my fat fingers?

Use Tapatalk on tablets. Works better then a website made for desktop. Of course you can zoom in and click the button. But Tapatalk is the way to go.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just bought the note 8.0

It's impossible to configure msexchange mail box! It just doesnt work. All parameters are corrects, but it turns forever for synchronisation... it doesnt give any failure message. Just keeps running without result.

Also, on PA board, i cant access to smileys.

Is it 4.0 OS or 4.1? Makes a hell of a difference!

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

yeah, i got a note 2 7" and my iPhone is much easier

Only got it for trips like LOS so not really that worried

Would stop me from buying their phone though

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

It's impossible to configure msexchange mail box! It just doesnt work. 

Haha I had to read this sentence a couple of times. 

I thought initially you had a "my sex change" mail box!

To the OP it's not just your phone. I have an iPhone and have the same problem. 

You just adapt and get used to hitting the back button when you open other things. 

I have taptalk but prefer using the desktop version on my phone anyway. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 2 weeks later...

Is it 4.0 OS or 4.1? Makes a hell of a difference!

+1.  OS versions of Android do make a hell of a difference.  Not sure which version started it, but my Nexus 4 & 7 both do this neat auto-zoom feature when my finger hits multiple targets.  It zooms a section of the screen close up for easier selection without having to pinch zoom.  After pressing the right button, it then resets the view when following the link.

• 5 months later...

My $600 USD Asus tablet nearly went into the fishpond several times.  Thy Thai Lady almost had to stop me.  Why do the computer nerds have to make things so fu***ng difficult for people that are not as experienced as them??????

Maybe nobody wants to listen to a computer neophyte like me whine.  Sorry

My $600 USD Asus tablet nearly went into the fishpond several times.  Thy Thai Lady almost had to stop me.  Why do the computer nerds have to make things so fu***ng difficult for people that are not as experienced as them??????

Maybe nobody wants to listen to a computer neophyte like me whine.  Sorry

Android can be tricky at times for someone who isn't tech savvy, but it is intuitive enough to use just by figuring out most functions on the fly.  If anything, computer nerds have made it easier than past year's products. It's kind of a miracle that we can use these devices without so much as a pamphlet with instructions. Just think back 10-20 years ago about the size of some products instruction manuals. 

I guess the point is, don't get frustrated. Think of it this way, would you expect to pick up a computer and instantly know all of its functions, as well as those of every piece of software on the market? That is kind of the expectation with Android and its app market. People flip out when something isn't obvious, but I think we're all just spoiled with how well things typically work. The day you have to pick up a user manual......that's the day to throw the tablet in the fishpond.

What ticks me off about my Acer tablet is that I've never been able to copy & paste. Even highlighting some text is difficult.

up to you

My $600 USD Asus tablet nearly went into the fishpond several times.

Don't let the computer beat you man.

You might think you've won at that moment, then the $600 price tag will keep poppin' into your head and it won.

up to you

What ticks me off about my Acer tablet is that I've never been able to copy & paste. Even highlighting some text is difficult.

Not sure which version of Android you are using, but copy/paste was greatly approved on Jellybean & Kitkat. I find that a quick pinch-zoom in before attempting a copy/highlight helps out a lot for precision. 

Not sure which version of Android you are using,

ICS- Ice Cream Sandwich

copy/paste was greatly approved on Jellybean & Kitkat.

I'm sure it was approved, or it might have never been released.

up to you

Sorry. Meant "improved".

My $600 USD Asus tablet nearly went into the fishpond several times. Thy Thai Lady almost had to stop me. Why do the computer nerds have to make things so fu***ng difficult for people that are not as experienced as them??????

Maybe nobody wants to listen to a computer neophyte like me whine. Sorry

I struggle with mine, it does not want to read anything on a usb.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Archived