IGNORED

Plus 7.00 baht per kilowatt hour of electricity used

Socks

Can anybody in the know equate the above into an average figure? When calculating my stay in Pattaya I dont want any surprises and a statement like the one above quoted by the hotel I am insterested could be an open ended nightmare.

If you pay for your electricity in your room, you would most likely run your air con, few lights and a tv. I like to leave the air con on during the night... can anybody give me an idea of what I might be expected to pay (on average) on a one month stay?

Thanks in advance :P

7 Baht a unit is at the high end of the range. I stayed in a guest house last year and it was 6 Baht a unit. I now have a condo and it is 3.5 Baht a unit. If I remember correctly after a 3 and a half week stay at the guest house the electricity was in the 1500 to 1800 Baht range. At this time I was also using the aircon during the day as it was the hot season.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I don't even think about electricity rates in Pattaya, I am too busy drinking beer and shaggin

You must have too much money or a good sponsor... :GiveBeer1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Canterbury Tales Cafe charge 6 baht a unit which covers the water too, for large premises like ours and large users costs a little more than a small condo etc, but an average guest pays about 30baht per night with the A/C going all night, of course it does depend on the A/C which uses the most, those who hardly use the A/C pay very little, maybe 350 baht per month.

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Can anybody in the know equate the above into an average figure? When calculating my stay in Pattaya I dont want any surprises and a statement like the one above quoted by the hotel I am insterested could be an open ended nightmare.

If you pay for your electricity in your room, you would most likely run your air con, few lights and a tv. I like to leave the air con on during the night... can anybody give me an idea of what I might be expected to pay (on average) on a one month stay?

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Depends how big your room is and how cold you like it. I have a room of about 30 sqM and pay 7B per unit. The bill varies between B1,200-B1,700.

Edited by gogo dog

I looked at Pattaya Bay resort, they charge 13900 a month in low season+7 bath per unit for electricity. Regular price is 999 a night incl brekkie, so i think it is a pretty good deal.

• 10 months later...

Good topic..

I am planning monthly visits to some Pattaya-hotels/guesthouses during 2009 so I would like to know if hotels/guesthouses usually have meters so there's the possibility you can check the meter yourself??

Since the last responce to this topic is almost a year ago I would like to know if there are more people with experience regarding monthy electricity bills??

What would be the average costs nowadays?

From what I've read: 7baht/unit is high, 6baht/unit is good and there are even places that charge less , which is better (obviously..).

Thanks! :Drunk_Party:

Good topic..

I am planning monthly visits to some Pattaya-hotels/guesthouses during 2009 so I would like to know if hotels/guesthouses usually have meters so there's the possibility you can check the meter yourself??

Since the last responce to this topic is almost a year ago I would like to know if there are more people with experience regarding monthy electricity bills??

What would be the average costs nowadays?

From what I've read: 7baht/unit is high, 6baht/unit is good and there are even places that charge less , which is better (obviously..).

Thanks! :Drunk_Party:

Some places are now charging 10 baht/unit and yes they have meters that you can check when you arrive and when you leave. When I stayed at Shagwell for the month when it was 7 baht/unit the cost was about 1400 baht for the month.

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

Am i the only one who can survive without AC :GoldenSmile1: I stayed one Month in a cottage at the beach in indonesia without tv, fridge, ac, and had a good time. The fan was more than enough, although sometimes it was sweaty-hot. But hey that's the tropics. 6$ a night, included a breakfast, if LOS is giving me to much shit i fly to indonesia.

Edited by vinie

Am i the only one who can survive without AC :GoldenSmile1:

Yes, you're a freak.... :HaHaHa1:

This time of year is no problem but from about April onwards give me the aircon.

Often we/hotels charge for electric on monthly rates only, we offer very competative rates for a months stay and if we didnt charge for electric, Human nature shows that guests often leave the A/C on 24 hours, I ask guests to turn off the A/C when they go out in the daytime but they rarely do, but guests on a monthly deal who have to pay for electric do.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

During my last trip, I stayed at teh Diamnod City hotel . The hotel was 9,500bht/month and I end up paying aroudn $16000 . So I was charged for electricity $6500. I did not checked the meter before and after leaving. But reading from this post, I may have been ripped off. The AC was big one, and I only used AC mainly when in room. All night, and few during day. BUT I PAID 6500 FOR ELECTRIC. If someone here can confirm I have been ripped off, so I wont go back again.

During my last trip, I stayed at teh Diamnod City hotel . The hotel was 9,500bht/month and I end up paying aroudn $16000 . So I was charged for electricity $6500. I did not checked the meter before and after leaving. But reading from this post, I may have been ripped off. The AC was big one, and I only used AC mainly when in room. All night, and few during day. BUT I PAID 6500 FOR ELECTRIC. If someone here can confirm I have been ripped off, so I wont go back again.

I'm not sure but from what I've read it sounds like a lot..by $ you mean baht I guess....6.500...I think the average is about 2000-3000? Probably depends on the size of the room and we don't know what amount they charged per unit? I think it's too much but I ain't sure tbh :rolleyes:

I'm not sure but from what I've read it sounds like a lot..by $ you mean baht I guess....6.500...I think the average is about 2000-3000? Probably depends on the size of the room and we don't know what amount they charged per unit? I think it's too much but I ain't sure tbh :Drunk_Party:

Hello, thanks for your comment. I am nto sure how big is the room, but I think they charge 7bht per minute. Yes all prices are quoted in THB. Now I read other's member, and I think they overcharged me a lot.

I stayed at The "Liquid Lounge" in Oct/Nov for 26 days (minus 3 days at beach) I paid 300 bht for water,and 1800 bht for elect at 7 bht a unit!

Am i the only one who can survive without AC :Ignore1: I stayed one Month in a cottage at the beach in indonesia without tv, fridge, ac, and had a good time. The fan was more than enough, although sometimes it was sweaty-hot. But hey that's the tropics. 6$ a night, included a breakfast, if LOS is giving me to much shit i fly to indonesia.

Appreciate your helpful contribution! :D