IGNORED

In your bag, top 3

Gadget

What are the 3 main lenses you carry around with you, mine are all canon 17-85, 10-22 (this was Jerry's recommendation) top lens to for my job and a cheap, but good 55-250, still learning but these 3 get me what I want, what's yours?

Tamron 18-270

Tokina 11-16

and I had a 30mm f 1/4 Sigma, but it is so soft and off focus on AF that I now carry the Canon 50 mm f 1/8 instead.

all EF-S lenses, but I wish I had to money to go FX with a Nikon D600

the 10-22 is a great lens with a great focal length to shoot in close quarter with crop sensors

24/70 2.8 mark 2      70/200 is 2.8 mark 2     20/35 wide angle

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L

sigma 85mm f1.4

pretty happy with all of them, but wish the F4's where 2.8's, but not enough to justify their price. I still seem to be changing lenses alot and have alot of weight in my camera bag.  

Canon 17-40L

Canon 24-105L

Canon 50/1.4

(Funny , i sold my 10-22 yesterday because it doesn't fit on the Canon 5D) .   

In my bag:

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S (50m equivalent on APS-C sensor) - Best $200. I've ever spent on gear. Obviously not as nice as the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G or f/1.2, but a fraction of the price and decent results for APS-C.  

Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR (kit lens) - Surprising quality for a kit lens...not a throw away at all.  Very versatile.  Not too sharp and suffers from a good deal of barrel distortion, but still a decent walking around lens.  

Question now is if I should finally graduate to a full frame sensor or spend money on glass.  I'm leaning towards glass, as my D90 is still relatively competitive in image quality.  The only feature that is making me think twice is the constant low-light improvement in current sensors.  While the D90 can go to something crazy like ISO3200 (6400 boost), shots get noticeably grainy after 800 (subjectively) and unusable after 1000.  I saw an ISO noise comparison on DP Review, and the Canon 5D Mark III blew me away.  It looked easily usable up to 3200, with noise only starting to become a slight issue at 6400.  With a fast lens, that's like night vision.

Still, leaning towards getting an ultra sharp lens.  Something equivalent to a AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED.  Maybe a Tokina to save me a few bucks?

Since I usually shoot full frame, (5DIII).

16-35L f2.8

24-70L f2.8

100-400L

My other 3 favorites are,

28 f1.8

50L f1.2

100L f2.8

• 3 months later...

I only carry 2

12-24 tokina

18-200 VR Nikor

I many lens but I only really use 2, which are both Canon L lens:  50mm 1.2 and the 24-105mm 2.4.  

I just purchased a 35mm 1.4 which is starting to grow on my...it may replace my good old 50mm.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

• 1 month later...

Having just taken the plunge into the world of DSLR (canon 660D) I was wondering if there are any bargains to be had in Thailand ? Anywhere cheap for new lenses ?

My contacts . Without them my world turns to shit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Canon 5D MK3, with a 70-200 f2.8 as the favored option...heavy,attracts lots of attention and comments,but delivers amazing results. Both body and lens worth every penny....the 5D M3 is so superior to the Mk 2,it's worth the upgrade.

Sometimes take a 50mm prime and a 17-40 also,and a 1.4 x teleconverter for using on the 70-200.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

prices in Thailand are on par with those in the states ( even thou Nikons are made here)  sometimes a little more.  HK is the cheapest in asia for camera equipment

Having just taken the plunge into the world of DSLR (canon 660D) I was wondering if there are any bargains to be had in Thailand ? Anywhere cheap for new lenses ?

This place in Sri Racha and Bangkok usually has very good prices for photo equipment .

http://www.digital2home.com/list-products.php?brand_id=105

Canon 5D MK3, with a 70-200 f2.8 as the favored option...heavy,attracts lots of attention and comments,but delivers amazing results. Both body and lens worth every penny....the 5D M3 is so superior to the Mk 2,it's worth the upgrade.

Funny thing is the MK2 delivers better picture and video quality than the MK3 ...

The MK3 has a much quicker autofocus system and is better in low light though .

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii/29

• 1 month later...

i want trade in my 50 1.8 Nikor for the 35 1.8 :GoldenSmile1:

• 1 month later...

Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC

Tamron 70-300

canon 50mm 1.4

_____addicts.jpg

Canon 24-70mm F/2.8 L MKI

Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS MKI

Canon 50mm F/1.4

Tamron 10-20mm