Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

News Forum

HappyGuy99

In the back end of November 2007 £1 = 71 bht

I look today (04 Jan 08) £1=65 bht

Is this normal for Bht to fluctuate at this time of year? as it did same last year;

Or is it a bad sign of which way it is going?

What do you guys think?

:)

:GiveBeer1:

Edited by paulwillia

The reduction in UK interest rates would have made a bit of a difference but yes a 10% swing in the wrong direction for us Brits certainly is a bit of a downer but no big deal, especially when us veterans can remember 38 Baht to the pound.

Baby-1.gif

The reduction in UK interest rates would have made a bit of a difference but yes a 10% swing in the wrong direction for us Brits certainly is a bit of a downer but no big deal, especially when us veterans can remember 38 Baht to the pound.

Do you think it will go back up?

We are expecting another two lots of intrest reductions to come:

The Thai Baht seems to be doing fine..The weak U.S. Dollar which our politicians keep borrowing more and more Money to finance unpopular wars causes Europes money to move..Americans has no means to pay back the Trillions of borrowed money they keep spending..Even Canadas dollar is stronger and soon the Mexican peso will outclass the once mighty dollar..Im afraid Its only going to get worse...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Do you think it will go back up?

We are expecting another two lots of intrest reductions to come:

If I was certain about the answer to that question Paul, I'd be playing the exchange markets :Chokdee3:

These days I regard 65.00 as (in golfing terms) the par rate and anything over that is a bonus.

I don't wanna sound smug here but a few weeks ago when the rate hit 70.00, I sent a chunk of money to my Bangkok Bank account. Nice to get it right once in a while :P

Edited by pentire
Baby-1.gif

I think that could change after todays news regarding the new party & that they may be banned!!

Can see the Baht falling down.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

The English pound is only worth 59 baht now

The rates i am refering to are the Bank of Thai rates:

Not tourist rate:

http://www.bot.or.th/bothomepage/databank/.../exchange_e.asp

What are the booths in Pattaya currently offering for sterling please

If the Bht keeps droping like this, Its not going to be good for Thai:

I for one will be looking for new destinations:

My march trip would be my last one:

:P

Be glad you have pounds. You could be wiping your ass with dollars.

Sucks. The world economy is starting to head in a real shitty direction now, I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

paulwillia, I suspect you may have a misunderstanding of what is actually happening with the Thai currency vs the British pound. Actually the pound is falling in value therefore your pound gets you less baht. At the same time the thai baht has been strong, which further decreases the amount of baht you can buy per pound. So the baht is not dropping as you state rather it is strengthening (becoming more valuable) against the british pound. What is at fault is the link between the pound and the US dollar. The US dollar is plummeting, the British pound then also is losing it value, meanwhile the Thailand economy remains "relatively" healthy. As in Pattaya choose your bed partners carefully.

paulwillia, I suspect you may have a misunderstanding of what is actually happening with the Thai currency vs the British pound. Actually the pound is falling in value therefore your pound gets you less baht. At the same time the thai baht has been strong, which further decreases the amount of baht you can buy per pound. So the baht is not dropping as you state rather it is strengthening (becoming more valuable) against the british pound. What is at fault is the link between the pound and the US dollar. The US dollar is plummeting, the British pound then also is losing it value, meanwhile the Thailand economy remains "relatively" healthy. As in Pattaya choose your bed partners carefully.

Thanks; You are absolutly Write:

Small slip of my tyring fingers

I am watching news (Tues 22 Jan)

Stock market is crashing,

May be some good buying oppertunities soon???

As of 21 Jan the pound gets you 64.0233 THB according to The Bank of Thailand. That is the onshore rate if you change your money anywhere else you will get soaked.

So what is the current Pound- Baht exchange rate in Thailand? I am going in a weeks time :Laugh1:

With stock markets bouncing around, banks playing with intrest rates;

its not possible to give you rates for weeks time;

But, I find taking travellers cheques in pound sterlin best and change them when you are in Pattaya;

The rate being quoted for 21 Jan: 64.02Bht to the pound;

Carring travellers cheques is also less bulky than money and safer;(If stolen you hopfully will get your money back)

Using ATM can be ok but big charges;

Hope you find this usful;

With stock markets bouncing around, banks playing with intrest rates;

its not possible to give you rates for weeks time;

But, I find taking travellers cheques in pound sterlin best and change them when you are in Pattaya;

The rate being quoted for 21 Jan: 64.02Bht to the pound;

Carring travellers cheques is also less bulky than money and safer;(If stolen you hopfully will get your money back)

Using ATM can be ok but big charges;

Hope you find this usful;

I have said this before but i will keep saying for the benefit of people in the UK that are not aware ,whilst traveler cheques have a good rate you do mostly pay for having them ,but with a nationwide ATM card you get top rates and no fees what so ever .To me I do not know how i ever manged before using Barclay's or any other UK ATM card with all the charges i use to have to pay .I highly recommend the nationwide card for those that do not know about it already.