IGNORED

Shenanigans

bangkoknick

I ate here on the 6th of Feb 2007.

Shenanigans is located on Pattaya 2nd road next to the Marriott Resort hotel.

16420-12334.jpg

16420-12335.jpg

The Main Bar Area

16420-12336.jpg

Restaurant Area

16420-12337.jpg

16420-12338.jpg

My Lunch Companion

16420-12339.jpg

Our Waitress

16420-12340.jpg

For Starters, Hot Potato Soup with Bacon & Chives

16420-12341.jpg

16420-12342.jpg

Chicken Breast in breadcrumbs with French Fries & Veg

16420-12343.jpg

On previous visits to Shenanigans I ordered Liver & Bacon, with Mash & Onion Gravy, I have also ordered a Cheese Omellete with baked beans which were also very nice. Shenanigans offers daily specials and a Full Carvery Roast on Sundays for 395 baht.

The bar area is very spacious and available on draught are Guinness, Kilkenny & John Smiths Smooth.

Shenanigans is also a great venue to watch live sports on many well positioned TV's and on the BIG screen.

For more info thier website is here Shenanigans or Call them on 038-710-641-3

Nice place. Alot Irish fare than? Love potato soup I do, with a nice pint of guinness

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

very popular with ex-pats. Hosts a lot of the charity bashes and Xmas parties for various clubs etc, especially the "farang wives" mob

whoops - thats probably just cost them few new customers LOL

Seriously, a good place.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...

Best Sunday carvery in Thailand if not Thailand as a whole.

Jameson's, which is run by the diminutve ex-manager of Shenanigan's, tries to compete but, despite its rugger-bugger clientele of ex-pat school teachers, it remains decidedly second rate.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

• 3 weeks later...

Grab it while it's still there

Shenannigans is due to close shortly. It is supposed to re-open in the complex across 2nd road from the present location but when that'll be is the question

ChrisD

Sunday dinner is spot on.Cant fault any food in there.Greggs is'nt bad either,but if you want home from home this is the place.

They have a killer chicken pot pie that is outstanding! One of the better places to eat in Patts

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Sunday dinner is spot on.Cant fault any food in there.Greggs is'nt bad either,but if you want home from home this is the place.

Not a fan of Gregg's at all. Food is so-so, he is an arrogant, opinionated, annoying git and the hygene is suspect. I stopped eating there when I found a roasted cockroach in my meat pie and the staff really did not give a shit about it.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

this question is for sexy beast. I believe you posted a video on youtube called pattaya girls redone. the first song in the video is by that russian group nu vipros. I love that video. it seems you tube pulled access to that video. any chance of you sending it to me. my web address is [email protected]. I thank you for your time.

webcrwler1:

The song is called Stop, Stop, Stop by Nu Virgos. Three very hot chicks. If he sends it to you, please forward it to me!

I love that vid. I also love the song. If you have it, I'll take it as well!

Kaiju

"The attack means war, war with a knife and the knife twisted as it is withdrawn."

After my good report on Shenanigans earlier in the thread I am sorry to say i have a bad one now. We went there to meet my godfather who was in tow for a few dasy and he suggested it as it was St Patricks's day.

We all ate the 395baht carvery. There were 3 adults and 3 kids a total of £2370 baht

The food was very poor, overcooked meat and very overcooked veggies. If it wasn't for the yorkie pud' it would have been a total disaster. the lamb for example was like a badly over cooked steak, hard and chewy.

On top of this we were charged 395 baht for 3 kids meals one of whom is 3 and ate about 3 mouth-fulls.

I realise that I could have chosen NOT to eat there at this price and also that most of you are not bothered about "family value" but when we asked about some kind of reduction (the 3 kids ate less than one plateful between them) we just got the shrugged shoulders which annoyed me a little as some common sense could have prevailed despite the advertised price. I asked to speak to a manager (politely) and was told none were there although I had seen the big farang guy just a few minutes earlier and he was obviously hiding when he knew what I wanted to talk to him about. I wasn't going to cause a scene just wanted to ask him if he thought the policy reasonable.

They seem to have little concept of customer service - even a minimal gesture would have saved the day and ensured my returning custom. They gained 800 baht and lost me for good. Maybe even a few others who read this post.

Anyway, a big thumbs down from me now - I won't EVER be going back. I DO still think a good place for the single guys to have a bit of a nosh-up though and a decent drop of the black stuff.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your crap visit mate, as you say at least the guinness was good. :rolleyes:

nickers,

After my good report on Shenanigans earlier in the thread I am sorry to say i have a bad one now. We went there to meet my godfather who was in tow for a few dasy and he suggested it as it was St Patricks's day.

We all ate the 395baht carvery. There were 3 adults and 3 kids a total of £2370 baht

The food was very poor, overcooked meat and very overcooked veggies. If it wasn't for the yorkie pud' it would have been a total disaster. the lamb for example was like a badly over cooked steak, hard and chewy.

On top of this we were charged 395 baht for 3 kids meals one of whom is 3 and ate about 3 mouth-fulls.

I realise that I could have chosen NOT to eat there at this price and also that most of you are not bothered about "family value" but when we asked about some kind of reduction (the 3 kids ate less than one plateful between them) we just got the shrugged shoulders which annoyed me a little as some common sense could have prevailed despite the advertised price. I asked to speak to a manager (politely) and was told none were there although I had seen the big farang guy just a few minutes earlier and he was obviously hiding when he knew what I wanted to talk to him about. I wasn't going to cause a scene just wanted to ask him if he thought the policy reasonable.

They seem to have little concept of customer service - even a minimal gesture would have saved the day and ensured my returning custom. They gained 800 baht and lost me for good. Maybe even a few others who read this post.

Anyway, a big thumbs down from me now - I won't EVER be going back. I DO still think a good place for the single guys to have a bit of a nosh-up though and a decent drop of the black stuff.

wow! sorry to hear that the 2 times I was there for the Sunday carvery was good so I guess I was lucky!

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Sexy seems to get about everywhere! I like to eat in Bully's in BKK and The Ritz soi 13/1 in Pattaya, good food and reasonably priced. I think I once went to a Beefeater of some kind in Pattaya, food was good and the wine was expensive. Can anyone remind me where it is!

I asked to speak to a manager (politely) and was told none were there although I had seen the big farang guy just a few minutes earlier and he was obviously hiding when he knew what I wanted to talk to him about. I wasn't going to cause a scene just wanted to ask him if he thought the policy reasonable.

Gosh.

Sorry to hear that. I really rate the sunday lunch even though I would never choose the place for an evening's drinking.

Customer service is probably the weakest area of any Thai business and requests to see managers (who are never there!) can turn into agressive confrontations rather quickly.

Or perhaps that is just me.

Charging the full price for young kids is stupid, stuoid, stupid ad worth you writing a letter about or popping in and catching the Brit manager one lunchtime.. You Never know, there might be a fee lunch in it or you could even get to call him a cunt.

• 4 weeks later...

If ya want you taste of home then these joints are ok. But living & working here I tend to avoid them unless for meetings. Too dear and the food is typical farang over cook & processed. Eat more of the local fare, save money and it is healthier. Guiness here in Pats is the same fucking price as in Oz. Occasionally I have a couple in the Sportsman in Soi 13 tho. :Chokdee: But give me a Tiger anyday! :001_Sawasdee:

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

If ya want you taste of home then these joints are ok. But living & working here I tend to avoid them unless for meetings. Too dear and the food is typical farang over cook & processed. Eat more of the local fare, save money and it is healthier. Guiness here in Pats is the same fucking price as in Oz. Occasionally I have a couple in the Sportsman in Soi 13 tho. :Chokdee: But give me a Tiger anyday! :001_Sawasdee:

I am absolutely done with the Spotsman on soi 13. Last 3 times I went there, cockroaches were challanging me for my food.

I know its a tropical country and roaches are very hard to control. So the first time I just shrugged my shoulders. Second time it was worse, and the third and last visit they were on the walls, table, and one of the fuckers came from under the lip of my plate as soon as the waitress set it on the table. I would hate to see the kitchen!

I am absolutely done with the Spotsman on soi 13. Last 3 times I went there, cockroaches were challanging me for my food.

I know its a tropical country and roaches are very hard to control. So the first time I just shrugged my shoulders. Second time it was worse, and the third and last visit they were on the walls, table, and one of the fuckers came from under the lip of my plate as soon as the waitress set it on the table. I would hate to see the kitchen!

Time of year mate. My office has a hord of them moving in. The humidity brings them out. The bred like fuck Same in Oz. You just have to do your best to control them. Sportsmans need to lift he game them. There is plenty of Pest Control business in Pats.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"