Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Rockhouse Soi LK Metro - Review

up2u2

The Rock House Pattaya – Soi LK Metro, Pattaya
25th July – 30th July 2012
Five nights 600 Baht per night
Room 3

post-34418-0-94035500-1344070370.jpg

Snapshot:
Great location
Big Room and bathroom (Room 3)
Aircon was EXCELLENT!!!!
Shower was perfect nice and hot or nice and cool
Convenient downstairs bar with BG’s
Electric Jug
Plenty of power points
DVD Player
2000 baht security deposit on arrival
Five flights of stairs
Free Wi-Fi (VERY good signal but did conk out on day 4)
No complimentary Tea / Coffee / Water (All charged through Mini Bar)
No Soap? (7-11 / Family Mart short walk away)
SAFE in EVERY ROOM!!!!!! (ask if you ca't find it)
TV (Snowy picture didn’t really work all that well)
Noisy if nearby bar has Karaoke (only happened first night so no problem. There are other rooms that don’t face Soi LK Metro)

post-34418-0-36799800-1344070468.jpg

post-34418-0-68690800-1344070469.jpg

post-34418-0-78718300-1344070470.jpg

post-34418-0-21573800-1344070472.jpg

post-34418-0-64760700-1344070473.jpg

post-34418-0-31654700-1344073178.jpg
Great little computer desk but watch the little stool.

Details:
Was lucky enough to arrange a last minute booking via PM & Text message on my way down from Ban Phai, Khon Kaen. Great service and great value.

On check in I was a little confused to get a request for 5000 baht. I queried what the 2000 extra was for. I was told ‘All hotel charge’. ‘No they don’t’. After numerous “why’s” turns out it was a security deposit. May have won the battle there but lost the war. Not sure I was really all that welcome after that with the staff. No problem though.

MAN!!! FIVE flights of stairs!!!! For you guys who like to get half ‘pie faced’ and grab a ‘giggle of bargirls’ your really going to struggle when you get to the room and find one missing and set off to find her. Nice big room and seriously have no idea what was going on with the shower room. You could fit 10 BG’s and self in there no problem. HUGE!!!!

post-34418-0-22021500-1344070441.jpg

No soap make sure you bring some with you.

post-34418-0-56024100-1344070442.jpg

post-34418-0-01274300-1344070444.jpg

Does this mean you have to use the Bum Gun only? I wasn't sure.

post-34418-0-30682100-1344070445.jpg

post-34418-0-85873600-1344070446.jpg

post-34418-0-24687200-1344070448.jpg

post-34418-0-63716700-1344070449.jpg

BLOODY HELL!!!! The noise. Was positive someone had set up a band on the balcony. I went to kick the bastards off the balcony, oh bugger no balcony in room 3. Manager assured me it was just a birthday celebration and just one night. All good after that just general street noise which for me was ok. If you are super sensitive to noise there are rooms that face away from the street so just check before you book.

The TV was all snowy, VERY hard to make out a picture. A little annoying for me because while away I love to watch that American comedy show ‘The Bill O’Rielly Factor’. When he says ‘The no spin zone, where we look out for Yoooouuuuu’ always cracks me up, really funny guy. I love those hard hitting political investigative shows Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report too. Also I like to keep an eye on BBC World News channel because I am sure my mate ukguy will be featured one night. Did report the tv quality but never got fixed.

post-34418-0-18097600-1344070467.jpg

EVERY ROOM HAS A SAFE. Some draws do have key locks but then you lose the keys and you’re stuffed it was easy just to lock things away quickly in luggage bag. No complimentary Tea/Coffee/ water. All a ‘mini bar’ set up. SHIT!!!!!!!! LD’s 260 baht, BF 600 baht, ST 1000 Baht, room ‘mini bar’ charge on the night 5000 Baht!!!! SHIT!!!!! You could lock everything in the draws to avoid your little BG knocking back a bottle of SamSong and passing out drunk (just kidding never had a problem but it crossed my mind). No soap!!! That is a first for me. Had to trot around to 7-11 and grab some. Wi-Fi was VERY good connection and Fast!! But conked out on 4 day but used the hotel next doors as back up Wi-Fi but not as fast.

post-34418-0-00220500-1344072342.jpg

The big bottle of Chang water is 14 baht

Met Alex but unfortunately Alex doesn’t speak English. I did glean he watched the Scottish Rugby so he must speak Scottish. Could have sworn Scottish people spoke English. Top guy though. Really good to have a chat with if you speak Scottish.

Downstairs is a Bar so it is really convenient if you want to kick back relax and have a few drinks. They do have BG’s but none were interested in me. There was one girl I thought I might have had a crack at but she was on Facebook 24/7 but I couldn’t be bothered going up to my room logging onto FB so I could chat with her. PLENTY!!!! of Bar Beers and Ago-go’s around Soi LK Metro and Soi Diana so it isn’t an issue.

The tap on the washbasin was all wobbly and when turning the shower on it would splash you with cold water. Caught me out a couple of times but then I used the shower screen to shield me. The shower temperature was perfect nice and hot or cool as you wanted it. Have to use the Bum Gun as you can’t put tissue in the toilet. Haven’t seen that before. Oh the basin doesn’t have warm water so I just used the jug to fill up the basin to have a shave.

post-34418-0-77037800-1344070439.jpg

Tap was all loose but worked ok

DISASTER!!!!!
Oh man talk about getting stressed out. There was a two tiered glass coffee table. Problem was as I got things from my bag on the two seater lounge I would bump the coffee table that had a wonky leg.

One afternoon I decided to move it so I wouldn’t keep bumping it. When I picked it up to move it the whole table just fell apart. Problem was one leg stayed attached so I was stuck there trying to balance the TWO glass plates while trying to unscrew the leg assembly without shattering the glass. Man it took me about half an hour to put the damn thing back together.

post-34418-0-11091900-1344070475.jpg

post-34418-0-50015600-1344070476.jpg

post-34418-0-95034700-1344070477.jpg

post-34418-0-20520100-1344070479.jpg

post-34418-0-25739400-1344070504.jpg

This was the problem. A missing bolt on one leg. Have no idea why it just all fell apart.

Not sure about the decore. I like Thai bits and pieces in the rooms I stay in. I will often get fascinated by some pictures or Thai decore. The rock paraphernalia seemed out of place to me. No big deal get a cute little BG in the room and you don't notice it.

post-34418-0-95005100-1344070371.jpg

post-34418-0-33116200-1344070373.jpg

post-34418-0-66735100-1344070374.jpg

post-34418-0-69974700-1344070375.jpg

post-34418-0-90815400-1344070376.jpg

post-34418-0-36892900-1344070385.jpg

post-34418-0-97902200-1344070390.jpg

Had a little problem with the cushion on the mirror stool. Got out of position once and I nearly fell on my ass.

post-34418-0-50109600-1344070393.jpg

Felt really confident if I went a bit hard with a BG and she caught fire. Every room in Patts should have one I reckon.

post-34418-0-22854100-1344070451.jpg

I would definitely stay at The Rock House again. Great value at 600 baht. FANTASTIC !!!! location on Soi LK Metro. I just love LK area. Would book ahead and try and get a lower floor rear room. Well maybe, I like to look out over Soi LK. The things not available like soap, complimentary tea coffee water pretty easy and inexpensive to pop around the corner and grab them.

http://www.rockhouspattaya.com/

Thanks for the Review, aside from things falling apart it looks fine for budget mongering.

On the issue of toilet tissue not going down the bowl, that's pretty common in guesthouses etc.  Thai plumbing is pretty rough and the pipework usually has lumps of concrete etc partially blocking the flow inside the drain pipe.  If you flush loo paper, it gets snagged, eventually the whole pipe gets blocked, and bingo - flooded bathroom and a big bill for a plumber to fix the problem.

Thais use the bum-gun to wash away any residue, and only use the loo paper to dry their arse.  The used paper goes in the little bin beside the toilet.  Accounts for the stench in some places where a few folks haven't bothered to use the bum-gun quite enough before wiping/disposing.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

All just a bit of fun Perthie.

I would definitely stay at The Rock House again.

Had to laugh about the comments I made on the Rock Posters and decore in the rooms being as the place is called The Rock House lol. I'm thick sometimes.

Have to admit the Bar itself is the stand out as you can walk in totally by yourself and everyone is so friendly and courteous even though they don't know you from a bar of soap. Very odd for Pattaya bars I reckon.

,Alex doesnt speak englsh'-I had a good giggle at that. I do like drinking in the Rockhouse, its what oldstyle LK Metro.

his bar has just been fully refurnished and looks great a great place to have a few drinks and the girls are outstanding and very friendly

any holes a goal

Sexy man Alex has put a dining area in hasn't he?

Have to check it out next trip.

Alex usually tones down the accent when talking to non-Scot's,but put another

Scot in the room you'll never understand them.Great bar and Alex is an excellent host.

Sexy man Alex has put a dining area in hasn't he?

Have to check it out next trip.

its not finished but will be in a couple of weeks

any holes a goal

Fantastic review, one of best I've read on here.

I like the pictures and the little details about the hotel, almost like a trip report in itself.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

stayed there a few times myself, alex is a good bloke and had lots of good nights on the lash in there, would definatly stay there again

• 2 years later...

I stayed at the rock house my first trip to Pattaya absolute disaster the water only worked about half the time the wi-fi barely ever worked everything was falling apart or didn't work and I found the location very noisy. After 4 days my mate walked and went to Billabong cold not get his money back but was so over the place he didn't care I stayed and suffered trough. I had some great nights with the girls downstairs and always find myself there at some stage each trip but you couldn't pay me to stay upstairs again.

I stayed at the rock house my first trip to Pattaya absolute disaster the water only worked about half the time the wi-fi barely ever worked everything was falling apart or didn't work and I found the location very noisy. After 4 days my mate walked and went to Billabong cold not get his money back but was so over the place he didn't care I stayed and suffered trough. I had some great nights with the girls downstairs and always find myself there at some stage each trip but you couldn't pay me to stay upstairs again.

Clearly you did not like it there take a look at my website.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

JDM

I would be happy to if I new what it was send me a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDM

I just did ......but I certainly didn't get condo's

you need to fix that link - it makes you look more like a scammer or spammer!

I just did ......but I certainly didn't get condo's

you need to fix that link - it makes you look more like a scammer or spammer!

i just did and got the condo site.

maybe the problem is on your computer.

having said that pratumnak is well out of the way, and it is not on a baht bus route unless u hire one yourself

having said that pratumnak is well out of the way, and it is not on a baht bus route unless u hire one yourself

Ipad and laptop (in the uk) gives this.......

image.jpg

The condo is 100mts from the main road And there is a constant flow of BB in both directions.

This condo is in soi 2 and is at the top of the hill ( buddha hill) it is closer to WS than LK Metro.

JDM

Ipad and laptop (in the uk) gives this.......

The header shows this adult site linked to the rockhouse.

I do not link my site to any third party site ( only PA via a banner).

As the link is back up and working I can not trace if a redirect was put in place !!!!!.

Many BM have listed the redirect on this post and others.

My website has on average  150 hits per day,  most are not from PA and have had over 126,000 hits  I have only a PA banner on my site.

(with a link to PA).

JDM

• 8 months later...

that loom is booby trapped!!!!      :12:

Disclaimer.... yea I'm an Idiot

Great rooms and bar but after a week here I was going crazy through lack of sleep.

The fat guy should sleep here more often to experience what he's trying to sell.

I would imagine anybody wanting a quiet place to sleep at night would not book anywhere in LK Metro, seems pretty obvious to me

Rockhouse is good if you want a full third world shit hole experience. I would be ashamed to stay there for more than one night, I definitely wouldn't bring a girl back there with me the shame would be too much

I would imagine anybody wanting a quiet place to sleep at night would not book anywhere in LK Metro, seems pretty obvious to me

I've slept well elsewhere on LK Metro. What I'm saying is that some bars/ guest houses have no respect for guests upstairs.

Archived