Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sheraton (Pratumnak Hill) - anywhere close to eat?

I've always stayed in the vicinity of the Second Road/Beach Road loop, but will be venturing a little far afield and spending my last 5 nights at the Sheraton on Pratumnak Hill on my next trip (had hotel points and it looks like a great property)

My question is quite simple: besides the restaurants on the property, is there anything close -- as in, walking distance -- that is a good recommended spot to grab a bite to eat?

I am used to having any number of options at my doorstep, so this will be a bit of a change for me.  I have read excellent things about the restaurants at the Sheraton, but I do expect them to be a little on the "pricey" side.

I expect to either ride their shuttle or catch a songteaw into central Pattaya before dinner, so I can eat in any number of places.  I guess my primary concern would be a quick lunch or late breakfast, but any and all tips would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your usual excellent feedback!

Not sure but read they have numerous free shuttles to Pattaya

I'm booked to stay at the Sheraton in a couple of weeks, would welcome any pointers / tips, I've mailed them & they've told me they are guest friendly, just they'll take her I'd at check in, which I'm fine with as it helps security !

Not sure how far the Sheraton is from soi four, but Cabbages and Condoms is the most romantic setting restaurant in the whole city, at the very end of soi four at the beach, food is average but not over priced for the location.

Try Tara court on Pratumnak hill, all day breakfast 110฿, and they have 4/5 set lunch dishes, Thai and western food only about 160฿...nice air con restaurant just near your hotel

For me one of the best breakfasts in Pattaya/Jomtien is the Irish Wolhound, just on the sth side as you enter Soi 4. For 99THb it is unbelievable value. So I you do not have the breakfast included take an early morning stroll up to the Iris Wolfound! 

I wrote about Infiniti and posted a bunch of pixs just last week in the best places to get a steak thread. 

The Royal Cliff aint far, but you are pretty isolated there. The best place nearby is Au Bon Coin, the French place.  I ALSO mentioned that place with a link in the best steak thread.  

Lovely hotel, particularly the many small pools. But it IS isolated.  If you can afford it better rent a car for 900 Baht per day so you are not isolated. They offer free parking at the Sheraton. 

mini-IMG_1358.JPG

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

Is the Sheraton guest frindly? i would guess not, or a big surcharge for bring someone to your room, not a great location for mongering

I wrote about Infiniti and posted a bunch of pixs just last week in the best places to get a steak thread. 

The Royal Cliff aint far, but you are pretty isolated there. The best place nearby is Au Bon Coin, the French place.  I ALSO mentioned that place with a link in the best steak thread.  

Lovely hotel, particularly the many small pools. But it IS isolated.  If you can afford it better rent a car for 900 Baht per day so you are not isolated. They offer free parking at the Sheraton. 

Your mention of Infiniti in the steak thread was one of the things that spurred my questions.  Burger in your photos looked DAMN good!

Not really interested in renting a car or a motorbike.  I plan to try to use the shuttle to get to Central Pattaya and get gouged for a songteaw on the way back (I won't ride on a motorbike taxi) 

Is the Sheraton guest frindly? i would guess not, or a big surcharge for bring someone to your room, not a great location for mongering

No personal experience yet, but every piece of info I have read is that the Sheraton IS girl friendly.

I think the price and location dissuade most mongers.

I've stayed at sheraton s in BKK and Koh Samui & they are guest friendly, in advance of me going to Patts I've mailed them & they are fine as long as your guest has id

• 4 weeks later...

For me one of the best breakfasts in Pattaya/Jomtien is the Irish Wolhound, just on the sth side as you enter Soi 4. For 99THb it is unbelievable value. So I you do not have the breakfast included take an early morning stroll up to the Iris Wolfound! 

I agree very nice breakfast and a good menu with daily specials.

He has free high speed wifi 18 mb last time I was there.

The guy who owns it is a real gentleman and takes time to ask if your meal is ok after you get it.

It seems to be predominantly a "golfers" hangout altho it would seem all are welcome.

All in all IMO the best Breakfast in that area for the price.

Note.... he opens at 1000hrs.

JDM

looking for quality serviced apartments

Take a look

http://www..condopattaya-rent.com

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 2 weeks later...

Au Bon Cain is nearby as is Matahari of course and the new Manhattans (albeit I visited 8 months ago) is probably still worth a visit. All within walking distance or easy motosai ride. Then there is of course Royal Cliff which is generally very good in terms of food. 

Archived