Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

calling australia

Ulfric Reinholdt

So when i come over to pattaya very shortly i would like to be able to call australia for around 5 mins a day,

my plan is to take a cheap spare mobile over and get a prepaid sim over there,

I just want to know if its feasible as in put like $30AUD on a sim an use once a day etc 
If anyone can tell me:

How easy it is to get one?

where to get one?

any particular company i should look for?
The cost per minute? ( so i can wrk out how many calls il get  for X amount of dollars etc)

any reasonable alternative? like talk home cards?

Go to 7/11 & purchase a 1/2call sim card pk for 200b & it comes with 50b credit (from memory) 

Add in 1000b (around $40) worth of credit which you also get at 7/11, then your good to go! If you have any trouble setting it up ask the girls at 7/11 to do it for you.

When calling home add these numbers before dialing, it gives you a far cheaper call....

Home ph num: 009613 (for Melb) then number....009612 (for Syd) etc

Mobile num: 00961 drop the 0 then number

Its roughly 100-150b for a 10min call..far better than normal rates.....hope that helps you.  

easy to get sim in the 7/11 shops, or get someone to bring you to "tuckcom" phone shop

not sure of the cost, maybe 30baht a minute depending on network...

most hotels etc have free wifi, why not use something like skype?

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Get Tango on your smartphone, use hotel wifi for free and Tango with home contact - they need to have Tango too.  Can phone or video call providing good internet.

Dowload Whatsapp too, to send message ur gunna call.

Go to 7/11 & purchase a 1/2call sim card pk for 200b & it comes with 50b credit (from memory) 

Add in 1000b (around $40) worth of credit which you also get at 7/11, then your good to go! If you have any trouble setting it up ask the girls at 7/11 to do it for you.

When calling home add these numbers before dialing, it gives you a far cheaper call....

Home ph num: 009613 then number

Mobile num: 00961 drop the 0 then number

I roughly 100-150b for a 10min call..far better than normal rates.....hope that helps you.  

The Home ph num 009613 is for Melb... 61 is for Aust the 3 is for Melb. Substitute 2 for Syd. etc..

Cheers..

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

The Home ph num 009613 is for Melb... 61 is for Aust the 3 is for Melb. Substitute 2 for Syd. etc..

Cheers..

Crap, i never would have picked that up...thanks john! 

You can pick up a True sim card at Swampy aiport at the True Kiosk. On exit floor after clearing customs and migration. I found the staff there very helpful. They will install it the new sim and charge it up there and then and check it is OK. This means you are up and runnng right away.

Questioin - why take a different phone. You can use you normal mobile. Save you contacts to your Aussies sim card and then replace it with the Thai Sim . On way out of country you can save to Thai sim card again for your next trip.

Some of the free wlfi carriers depend on the other party being signed up - for example WhatApp. Very few of my friends  are signed up so it is not a great advantage.

You can pick up a True sim card at Swampy aiport at the True Kiosk. On exit floor after clearing customs and migration. I found the staff there very helpful. They will install it the new sim and charge it up there and then and check it is OK. This means you are up and runnng right away.

Questioin - why take a different phone. You can use you normal mobile. Save you contacts to your Aussies sim card and then replace it with the Thai Sim . On way out of country you can save to Thai sim card again for your next trip.

Some of the free wlfi carriers depend on the other party being signed up - for example WhatApp. Very few of my friends  are signed up so it is not a great advantage.

sounds very good will do this or the 7/11 - reason is im takin my wrk phone which has a micro sim an i imagine harder to get one over there, plus i will still need to check the odd email.

Skype - not really gonna wrk for me unfortuatly.

Thanks again everyone :)

i use 1 -2 call have done for years i phone aus regularly and it is a standard cost of 7 baht a minute

dial 008 then 61 for aus and the your number never fails .i telephone my bank regularly

cheap as fuck when it costs6 baht to phone bangkok from pattaya  by the way 7 baht a minute to my sister in england dial 008-44

any holes a goal

If you use Dtac and dial 00461.... it is 6 baht a minute to fixed lines and 7 to mobiles.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Skype - not really gonna wrk for me unfortuatly.

Why not? It worked beautifully for me, calling the US, UK and Netherlands from Thailand (and visa versa…)

Why not? It worked beautifully for me, calling the US, UK and Netherlands from Thailand (and visa versa…)

The person on the other end doesnt have it or a computer :)

If you use Dtac and dial 00461.... it is 6 baht a minute to fixed lines and 7 to mobiles.

is dtac a phone company?

i use 1 -2 call have done for years i phone aus regularly and it is a standard cost of 7 baht a minute

dial 008 then 61 for aus and the your number never fails .i telephone my bank regularly

cheap as fuck when it costs6 baht to phone bangkok from pattaya  by the way 7 baht a minute to my sister in england dial 008-44

whats 1 -2 call' ??

The person on the other end doesnt have it or a computer :)

is dtac a phone company?

whats 1 -2 call' ??

Dtac is a mobile carrier as is 1-2 Call.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived