IGNORED

Surge protector

longagoandfaraway

I use a surge protector here at home with my laptop. It is a little larger than my laptop and it sits below it. Do I need to bring it with me?

Aka Laafa

The present is all you own. The past a golden link. Go cruising now my brother, it's later than you think

I've never used one with my laptop and never had problem. It's up to you if you want peace of mind.

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

Same here never use one, and alway's travel with my laptop, as they say up to you!!!

du du du short time ...tammai teug tum kub chan dai

Foxy007

Hi Longago,

I would most deffinately say YES! I run an Internet shop here in Pattaya and all of my equipment goes through Anti Surge. The general state of electrical wiring in Pattaya is awful, and prone to power surges. The most likely thing to blow first will be your modem, closely followed by your Wireless adaptor, possibly your power supply, and maybe your hard disk. Many people here dont use them and have no problems, but like the other guys say, up to you! You can buy an mains extension cable in TukCom with built in Anti Surge for around 450 baht.

Wiz

• 3 weeks later...

brownouts cause more damage to computers than power spikes

if you notice that the lights are a flickering, you should run on batteries until you are sure they are stable, maybe let your laptop charge late at night when power usage is more sparse

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about voltage glitches if you are using laptop. They all have build in surge protection.