Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Private Muay Thai or Krav Maga lessons?

hggcraig

Hi does anyone know where I can get private Krav Maga or Muay Thai lessons in pattaya without having to rent a room on site too?

I know they are different I just want to learn one to keep me occupied instead of spending all my money on the women :)

Cheers

Anyone have any experience in Krav Maga, wondering how long it takes a complete novice to learn up to a reasonable standard?

Wow, I'm quite surprised to hear krav maga is even tought that way. I guess where better to learn Muay Thai than in thailand. But if there's a place that teaches a decent standard of krav maga (and not a mcdojo) then why not.

I've had one lessen in krav maga in the uk.

Anyone have any experience in Krav Maga, wondering how long it takes a complete novice to learn up to a reasonable standard?

id say not that long,  doing it twice a week should get you good enough to defend yourself against the average joe in a cpl of months.

Does anyone know of any cheap musy Thai camps in pattaya. Trained at flirted before but at 800 baht per session for a 15 min workout is ridiculous.

Krav Maga is like any other defence system, to be of any use it has to become an automatic responsive action backed by muscle memory. Whilst you may memorise some of the moves in as short a time as two or three months you will still be thinking them, as opposed to them being an auto response that requires no thought. That takes much longer and requires repetitive training over a far longer time.

Cerberus we've chatted several times in the den although I've never introduced myself as baxidar. Just out of interest are you trained in any discipline?

As someone that is fairly experienced with different forms of martial arts, I would recommend Muay Thai. This is better for all around toning and explosive power.

However it is very intense, and expect to put in many hours on both the theory and overall technique.

I know a great place to train in Thailand. Message me if you are interested,

• 3 weeks later...

With about two years practice you can get into a level that it is likely that you are able to defend yourself in simple situations. 

Have you practiced any martial arts before?

Krav Maga is like any other defence system, to be of any use it has to become an automatic responsive action backed by muscle memory. Whilst you may memorise some of the moves in as short a time as two or three months you will still be thinking them, as opposed to them being an auto response that requires no thought. That takes much longer and requires repetitive training over a far longer time.

that's the best advice anyone could give about martial arts

Unless you're a freak natural it takes at least a year to get a good grasp on the basics and to be able to put together a group of natural movements (as described above) will take about 2 years

if you train in a martial arts that has a ranking system look for someone who has at least 7 years of continual training which will usually mean they around 3rd dan. Black belt itself means bugger all, just that you are capable of doing a set list of requirements to a set standard

if it's not a belt rated system (like kickboxing) dont look for someone who has a lot of titles to teach you. Champions dont always make the best teachers, look for the person who teaches the champions

if you're really serious about it you have to be prepared to put in a lot of time and effort but there's nothing like being able to kick someone in the head :Clap1:

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

• 3 weeks later...

Kombat Village.....ask for Gerry Nolan....a good Irish lad...he will sort you out!

:Jail1:

I trained Krav Maga with Gerry Nolan this Feb.—Apr. I plan to continue Oct.-Dec. Gerry’s a good guy, knows his stuff, good teacher. The class sizes are small, usually 4-6 people. He’s very good at working new students into the mix, regardless of their experience level. Four 1 hour classes per week, but there’s no problem in showing up only when it suits you. Each class is a pretty good workout. KM is designed for practical purposes; it’s not stylized at all. A different approach for me, with karate black belt. http://kravmagapattaya.com/krav-maga-pattaya-class-schedule/

krav maga is bullshit lol

its just watered down mma

you dont need someone to teach you "street legal" strikes

I think Krav is more practical and easier to pick up. The key is finding somewhere that doesn't teach the watered down version eg 'urban krav'. The trade off is there is not so much of a historical element as there is with the eastern based arts. Obviously there is not much of a competition aspect with Krav given a lot of the moves are outright banned in most martial arts.

Personally I would focus on something like boxing although a lot more is required physically but I think it's more rewarding eventually.

• 1 year later...

Knom at gym is supposed to be the best for krav

Kombat Village.....ask for Gerry Nolan....a good Irish lad...he will sort you out!

This is the best bet.

Gerry is the real deal, very experienced.

Wanna learn to fight ?

Then actually fight (spar).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

I am new to living in Pattaya. I have a few years training/teaching a style of self-defense similar to Krav Maga. My interest is to find a few people who want to train. Develop muscle memory through repetition. I envision this as training in street combat, and also having it be easy going and fun.

Thank you, Bill

Archived