IGNORED

make my phone work

I will be going on my longest stay in Pattaya soon and I want my phone to work this time. Where do I go and approximately how much it cost. I am assuming there is a SIM card for every phone that will make it work. Is that right?

What kind of phone do you have and who is your carrier?

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Most likely is that you need to get your phone unlocked.  You may be able to get this done in Thailand.  As forqalso questioned above, you need to tell us more about your phone, model, carrier if you need help.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

virgin mobile LG

As said above, your phone would appear to be locked. Need to get it unlocked. Try Tukom.

Tesco Lotus are doing a brand new Nokia for 500 Baht.  Nice and simple and will certainly work on any Thai network.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Virgin Mobile USA is a CDMA carrier. Their parent Sprint has a roaming agreement in Thailand but I don't think it extends to their MVNO's. Now I am wondering just where you inserted that SIM?  :Think1:

American CDMA carriers do not use SIM's except for their LTE phones.

You will need to bring an unlocked GSM phone or buy one in Thailand.  As suggested by BM Seedy, just get one when you arrive.  Easy and cheap.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407896,00.asp

For the OP : read this. It explains a bit why you cant use your phone in thailand, where they have gsm networks only.

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Archived