IGNORED

Good place for lobster?

I have never had the lobster at King.  It is very much a Thai seafood restaurant, and lobster really isn't a Thai dish - so they may well not be great at it.  Generally, though, King does have a very good reputation.  I have been there a number of times (last time was about a year ago) - and always had an outstanding experience.  That said, not only have I never tried the lobster there I never will.  I think that generally lobster is rarely worth the price and you can get so many great local things to eat in Thailand I stick with that.

I probably should have prefaced my "pretty bad" comment by saying it was mainly the lobster that was pretty bad, but because the lobster was the main reason for going there, I thought the overall experience was bad.  I will admit that the steamed fish was pretty good.  I liked the outdoor seating right on the bay too.  Got a table facing the Pattaya sign.  It was really relaxing.  I guess my lobster standards are a bit unrealistic for Thailand.  I just assumed it would have been great given that it was a seafood place and was prominently displaying lobster at the door.  

My trips to Pattaya are studies in indulgence, so lobster was just another way to spoil myself.  I probably only have whole lobsters a few times a year.  Aside from that meal and a couple western breakfasts, I tried to only eat local food the whole trip.  I love eating local food when traveling.  

I haven't tried King Seafood yet, but did hit Lobster Pot on a trip about 3 years ago.  I didn't have the lobster, but thought the food was good, albeit expensive.  

TG loved the Irish coffee and "show" that went with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZPV4-veEs

No particular reason why I haven't been back.  Maybe I will go back this November?

I haven't tried King Seafood yet, but did hit Lobster Pot on a trip about 3 years ago.  I didn't have the lobster, but thought the food was good, albeit expensive.  

TG loved the Irish coffee and "show" that went with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZPV4-veEs

No particular reason why I haven't been back.  Maybe I will go back this November?

I will have to look that Lobster Pot place up.  With regards to Irish Coffee--I just can't do anything hot in Thailand unless I'm staying indoors with A/C.  I do like them, but I'd be instantly sweating if I were to take a sip.  Particularly with the caffeine too.

Coincidentally, I might be redirecting my August trip to either Oct or Nov too due to a staff issue in my office (or lack of staff, I should say).  Keep an eye out for a short Korean-American guy hanging around the bars of Walking Street and Soi 6, perpetually half in the bag.  Just might end up being me.

Not to hijack this thread, but I was wondering what people think is the end-all, absolute top Thai food restaurant in Pattaya.  I'm sure we've all had a good dish here and there, but I'm talking about insanely good all around, even if it is pricey. This next trip will be a short one, so I'm indulging all I can.  

• 2 months later...

hmmm, IMHO lobster is really dangerous for me.

Eaten lobster at the "Red Lobster" in Miami and got horny as hell, all I can remember is a whole night of screwing and very little sleep ;)

Archived