IGNORED

No-Name Italian Restaurant Soi Bongkot

The owner is named Massimo (sp?) and he used to have a restaurant on Soi Excyte, then on Soi Buakow (now named La Taverne Del Passatore). He's back in a more obscure location which I found thanks to posts on this board.

The menu is different--he seems to specialize in fresh pastas now. He had 4 types when I was there earlier today. An ear shaped one, a spaghetti like one, a short noodle like one, and gnocci.

I had pasta with sausage--salsiccia? My friend had the Meat Ragu pasta. Both were excellent and each was 180 baht for a large portion. Al dente and tasty sauce. I also had a bean salad for 60 baht (fagioli?). After I put some vinegar and salt on it it was delicious. Lots of nice condiments on the table including olive oil and vinegar.

Massimo and his waitress (who is a no-nonsense type of Thai woman) remembered me from the other venues and he came out and chatted with us, so service was not an issue for us unlike for another board member in this thread: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/152573-best-italian-restaurant/?p=2183065

Here's the location with some landmarks:

http://goo.gl/maps/QT5wP

It seems a small business worthy of support in my view. I'll be eating there often. I was so busy eating I forgot to take pictures. I'll do my best to remember next time I eat there. Stay tuned.

Then you are missing out on some fantastic food....simple as that

I was..."the friend"...my pasta Ragu....was as good as I have ever had...both here & in Italy...or anywhere else...for that matter

This is a simple place...no pretence....but Bloody good food

"Max" opened this place may be 2 years ago. Very plain restaurant (like his other places) but the food is good and great value. Try the Asparagus and Pasta, excellent.

Best way to find it is from Third Rd, travel down the small Soi inbetween The Buffalo Bar and The Castle, go right to the end. At the T junction (Soi Bongkot), turn right, and the restaurant is may be 50m on the left, next to a hair salon.

I come to Thailand for thai food :GoldenSmile1:

I live in Thailand and eat Thai food pretty much every day. I also eat Italian, Chinese, German, French, Mexican...the list goes on and on. Living here is different from visiting.

Ingo67: Not that it's terribly important, but Massimo told me yesterday that he opened this place 9 months ago. He also said it's awfully slow now because of slow season.

I live in Thailand and eat Thai food pretty much every day. I also eat Italian, Chinese, German, French, Mexican...the list goes on and on. Living here is different from visiting.

Ingo67: Not that it's terribly important, but Massimo told me yesterday that he opened this place 9 months ago. He also said it's awfully slow now because of slow season.

Not just because its low season-its also off the radar to most of the guys on here-I have often walked through soi Bongkot up to sukhumvit rd and soi kho talo-so I know it quite well but its Thai food for me sorry :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely the best Italian food that I have had in Pattaya and runs a close second to my favourite restaurant in Carlton (Melbourne)

I live a couple of doors away and am rapt in his food.

Further to directions above

Same side as Soi Bong Koch 2 and a couple of doors down

Directly opposite Soi Bong Koch 1 

And from Pattaya Tai - Pattaya Tai 16 (aka Soi Bong Koch)

A gr8 place to eat

Oh and they also do Thai food which I am reliably informed is quite good

Judging by all the good reviews I'll have to try this place in Oct..

• 2 years later...

His ex wife Nid is still running a very similar restaurant in Jomtien, on Jomtiem 2nd Road, 3/4 the way up the row of shops, bars and restaurants to the right of the open beer bar complex near the market. Again "no name", but has a green canope and wooden tables outside. Food still excellent.

I come to Thailand for thai food :GoldenSmile1:

I expected to find some good authentic Russian cuisine when I was there a few years ago

The owner is named Massimo (sp?) and he used to have a restaurant on Soi Excyte, then on Soi Buakow (now named La Taverne Del Passatore). He's back in a more obscure location which I found thanks to posts on this board.

The menu is different--he seems to specialize in fresh pastas now. He had 4 types when I was there earlier today. An ear shaped one, a spaghetti like one, a short noodle like one, and gnocci.

I had pasta with sausage--salsiccia? My friend had the Meat Ragu pasta. Both were excellent and each was 180 baht for a large portion. Al dente and tasty sauce. I also had a bean salad for 60 baht (fagioli?). After I put some vinegar and salt on it it was delicious. Lots of nice condiments on the table including olive oil and vinegar.

Massimo and his waitress (who is a no-nonsense type of Thai woman) remembered me from the other venues and he came out and chatted with us, so service was not an issue for us unlike for another board member in this thread: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/152573-best-italian-restaurant/?p=2183065

It seems a small business worthy of support in my view. I'll be eating there often. I was so busy eating I forgot to take pictures. I'll do my best to remember next time I eat there. Stay tuned.

If that Massimo is a fat boy, I rented a condo from him many years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

La Taverna del Passatore (meaning passer-by I guess) is off Soi Buakhaow in the soi opposite Pattaya City Hospital just before Mai Lu Si bar and is currently for sale, albeit still open.

Archived