IGNORED

Thai restaurants - hard to find

Hey guys,

I am on second road, close to soi 16 i think. The only real thai restaurant i go to is marine seafood and sang sohng (same restaurant really). I just cant find any other thai restaurants, everything else is just indian or middle eastern or european... Are they all hidden. I did find some through girls but they are like a 10-15min tuk tuk ride away. Close to hollywood disco. I cant even remember their names, but i thought they were decent. I know there are probably some on Walking Street (beach side) but they seem exorbitant and aimed at tourists. Have always been more interested in the locals restaurants. I wouldnt mind a decent thai restaurant to take special girls to as well. 

I seem to do a lot of buying from the street, but you dont get as much choice, at least not from what i have seen and half the time its probably just that i dont know what the choices are. I usually get the fried chicken or the kebab sticks, occaisonally i have gottne soups or curries but i dont see them as often or dont know what choices they have. I dont just want vegetable soups. 

You're in an Indian/Middle Eastern neighborhood.

Go to the corner of 2nd Road and Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road) and turn right.

Walk past the Wat and you will find loads and loads of Thai food. You're only about a 10 minute walk away from it all. There are food stalls, small Thai restaurants and a nicer restaurant called Cucumber. It has fantastic Thai food despite having really bad Western food.

The ruen thai on 2nd rd opp mike shopping is good also up by big c at the side off alcazar

cheers chris :GoldenSmile1:

Wriggley Tin 1

Opposit royal garden second road side you'll see nags head well just behind there you will see Ruan Thai restaurant, it's large and very good thai food

Is there a map, so i can look up some of the directions you guys mentioned? I think i know the thai stalls place mentioned above, as i walk up second road till i hit the lights (major intersection), and i turn right and walk down and i have bought a lot of food from those thai stalls and stuff. But havent seen (wasnt really looking out for at that time) sit down thai restaurants, any with air con? Reason i ask is my friends refuse to eat from stalls etc, only in decent looking restaurants, preferrably with air con. 

Is there a map, so i can look up some of the directions you guys mentioned? I think i know the thai stalls place mentioned above, as i walk up second road till i hit the lights (major intersection), and i turn right and walk down and i have bought a lot of food from those thai stalls and stuff. But havent seen (wasnt really looking out for at that time) sit down thai restaurants, any with air con? Reason i ask is my friends refuse to eat from stalls etc, only in decent looking restaurants, preferrably with air con. 

As I mentioned above, try Cucumber.

You've already found the stalls in the area, now just go a bit further. Cucumber is on the left at the corner of Pattay Tai and Soi 24. VERY good Thai food and air conditioned inside if the patio is not your thing. And it looks nice.

Vientienne, top of Pattaya Tai, near Big C. Great place, has a very extensive menu.

You're in an Indian/Middle Eastern neighborhood.

Go to the corner of 2nd Road and Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya Road) and turn right.

Walk past the Wat and you will find loads and loads of Thai food. You're only about a 10 minute walk away from it all. There are food stalls, small Thai restaurants and a nicer restaurant called Cucumber. It has fantastic Thai food despite having really bad Western food.

Hi Pattaya -Brian on your mind Cucumber restaurant (almost opposite Tuckom)? I think it's outdoor seating from wood? I've never been inside, but I think the prices were a little higher. What do you think about the prices here?

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Geez...  So many you can't throw a stick without hitting one...

of course depends on if you want AC or not... and not knowing your way around of street names could be another problem...

Head away from the PATTAYA CITY sign towards the beginning of Walking Street. (WS)..  There are a couple right at the beginning of WS.. (I don't know their names, but one on the right, and one is on the left..)...

On Pattaya Tai (South) and Beach Rd... There is the Pattaya Beer Garden (towards the left as you face beach rd, at the end of the pier/wharf)... They have a wide menu...

To the right along Pattaya Tai, across the street is Fra Pattaya (Look up and up for the blue sign)... 

If you are late late at night, continue up Pattaya Tai (past 2nd road, kinda across from the temple), plenty of street vendors... look for where the girls go...  Just point at what looks interesting...

If earlier, continue up Pattaya Tai (on the left side) you will find Cucumber.

If before 8pm, take a left onto 2nd Rd...  Boat Bakery, really good value (on the right side of the road)...

Farther up, on the left side is a seafood place (kinda across from Soi 15 (the first street on the right hand side))...

Even further up on the right hand side (look up for the sign) is Ruen Thai... go down the small soi/driveway... Touristy kinda place, but upscale food w/entertainment...

And lots of others... If during the day, take a baht bus up 2nd rd to the Central Mall, and take the escalater down... The food court has plenty to choose from...

Or take the elevator to the 6th floor, head towards the beach side, on the right hand side there is a Thai resturant...

That should hold you for a week...

Good hunting...

Hi Pattaya -Brian on your mind Cucumber restaurant (almost opposite Tuckom)? I think it's outdoor seating from wood? I've never been inside, but I think the prices were a little higher. What do you think about the prices here?

For Thai food, yes, the prices are high, but it's very good Thai food. You're paying for the overhead. It's a hotel/restaurant.

There is  much cheaper Thai food in the area, but if  you want a nice place with aircon and great Thai food then Cucumber is the answer.

I want to stress again that the Western food is awful.

Cucumber is a good place a little more than some thai places

If you walk inside there is a musky smell maybe it's cos there is a lot of wood inside please correct me if I'm wrong

As others have said there is a massive choice out there to find with only a tad of effort

The food courts central/ big c / tesco/ even at the basement of tuk com are all great

How about said your thai partner for the day/ night out to get some food of the pattaya tai food stalls

I'm sure your digs will sort you with cutlery & crockery and vuala you have street food in air con with a thai honey for desert

The way the baht is western food is cheaper and better in the west

Anyway enjoy casting your net further afield ,the catch is worth the effort

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/forum/47-restaurants-cafes-take-aways-nightlife-venues/

there is a map  pinned at the top of this page link.

i favour the no name   thai restos like that on soi bukhoa  just before soi choyapoon.

my fave is the   night time set up at the junction of  soi bukhoa and pattaya tai       again no name  but excellent food/value.

best advice would be to ask your  bar fine for the night        they know everywhere.

happy hunting

Archived