IGNORED

Iphone 5

Found a Iphone 5 last week, checked it on Checkmend and it comes up as barred/insurance claim.

When i go to Patts will it work if i put a Thai simm in and what would its value be over in Patts.

or you could do the decent thing and return it to its owner.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

or you could do the decent thing and return it to its owner.

If it's shown as blocked / insurance claim the owner has already had his payout or recieved a new phone.

You would probably have to take it to1 of the phone shops and get them to try and unlock it first, your only problem then is if the imei is recognised as a stolen phone then they could just block it again. Worth a try though and if they did just block it again then just throw it away or keep it for spares.

I think you will have a problem as most iphones 5 can be jailbroken but many not unlocked and I think this may be the case for the iphone 5?  The unlock you really need is one which is a code entered and not a complete software reinstall.  If I were you I would go to a cellphone unlock site and put in the numbers and see if they say if they can unlock.  Don't waste your time at tukcom here I took a motorola phone in for a unlock and was quoted 1000 baht and I did it online for less than 100 baht. 

I've a similarish problem with my 100% legit 5 needing an unlock.

The value of it would depend on the memory and condition, il be in pattaya on the 23rd and will offer u 4 bjs, 1 drink in each bar and also the st barfine in each. If you do them all in one of the forum bars you get 10% extra lol

Tis actually quite generous, if you want a cash figure for a barred/stolenphone gimme a pm

The value of it would depend on the memory and condition, il be in pattaya on the 23rd and will offer u 4 bjs, 1 drink in each bar and also the st barfine in each. If you do them all in one of the forum bars you get 10% extra lol

Tis actually quite generous, if you want a cash figure for a barred/stolenphone gimme a pm

It is generous I agree but he will probably be wanting BJ's off fit thai girls... Not other board members.

I think you will have a problem as most iphones 5 can be jailbroken but many not unlocked and I think this may be the case for the iphone 5?  The unlock you really need is one which is a code entered ...

Incorrect - that's absolutely not how an iPhone unlock works. You can go to any of a variety of online sites that provide legitimate iPhone unlocks.

An iPhone unlock status is determined if the phone's IMEI is registered in Apple's database. A phone checks that database during the activation phase (either via iTunes or OTA when on WiFi).

Various online sites have access to that database via 'open minded' carriers, and will add your iPhone's IMEI to that database.

Here's one - $22:

http://www.iphoneunlockservice.com

I have no connection to them - just the first thing Googling "iphone unlock service" yields.

See above.

Archived