IGNORED

Tech. Prob. - Using "Quote" and "Multiquote" Feature

brutox

When submitting my comments about submissions made by others within a thread, I use the "Quote", or "Multiquote" feature at the bottom of each comment.

The "Reply to This Topic" page then properly opens for writing my comments. The text box where I enter my comments is opened, but it does not include copies of the other person's comments upon which I want to refer. This is different than when it was working, when the referred to comments upon which I am writing were automatically copied here.

Still, I write my comment, and hit "Post" key at the bottom of the text box.

The entry that is published on the thread shows copies of the other person's comments (to which I am referring), but my comment is not shown.

I have noted a few others who suffer the same problem ... the comment about which they are referring shows up, but there is no comment from them.

Have I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere? I also tried using the "Use Full Editor" option, to no avail. I can submit a comment without using the "Multiquote", or "Quote" feature, and my comment shows up no problem.

Any ideas?

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

When submitting my comments about submissions made by others within a thread, I use the "Quote", or "Multiquote" feature at the bottom of each comment.

The "Reply to This Topic" page then properly opens for writing my comments. The text box where I enter my comments is opened, but it does not include copies of the other person's comments upon which I want to refer. This is different than when it was working, when the referred to comments upon which I am writing were automatically copied here.

Still, I write my comment, and hit "Post" key at the bottom of the text box.

The entry that is published on the thread shows copies of the other person's comments (to which I am referring), but my comment is not shown.

I have noted a few others who suffer the same problem ... the comment about which they are referring shows up, but there is no comment from them.

Have I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere? I also tried using the "Use Full Editor" option, to no avail. I can submit a comment without using the "Multiquote", or "Quote" feature, and my comment shows up no problem.

Any ideas?

mai khao jai

maybe it's a browser issue,  works fine for me

Stevie

When you hit multi quote on the post you want to quote there is a small popup in the lower right corner you need to click on multiquote and they will appear in the dialog box

I had the same problems when i updated from IE9 to IE10 as soon as i undid the upgrade it was fine again .

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm....I am using Firefox/Mozilla and am now having this problem.

Maybe my PC just updated, but not sure.

Any thoughts? I liked the "multiquote" function

Hmmmm....I am using Firefox/Mozilla and am now having this problem.

Maybe my PC just updated, but not sure.

Any thoughts? I liked the "multiquote" function

Try downloading Google Chrome

Archived