IGNORED

Lightening Fast Internet - 3BB Fiber-Optic

PBRHotelier

I just installed the new fiber-optic internet service being offered by 3BB. It is a dedicated line, only one user per line, 30 Mbps download & 3 Mbps upload. About 2,500 baht installation fee (includes a 4 port wireless router/modem) and 990 baht per month service fee.  They will credit any payments you have already made with other 3BB plans.  The speed is extremely fast.  I pinged various servers around the world using speedtest.net and the advertised speeds above were pretty accurate.  Right now it is available in most areas of Central and South Pattaya and some parts of Jomtien. A big improvement over the previous service levels.  I'll post again in a few weeks if there are any connection glitches.

A side note - the new AIS 3G service which just started this week seems much faster also and more reliable for my iPhone applications. 

Maybe Pattaya is finally crawling out of its third world infrastructure !

Very good info. Thanks.

I just installed the new fiber-optic internet service being offered by 3BB. It is a dedicated line, only one user per line, 30 Mbps download & 3 Mbps upload. About 2,500 baht installation fee (includes a 4 port wireless router/modem) and 990 baht per month service fee.  They will credit any payments you have already made with other 3BB plans.  The speed is extremely fast.  I pinged various servers around the world using speedtest.net and the advertised speeds above were pretty accurate.  Right now it is available in most areas of Central and South Pattaya and some parts of Jomtien. A big improvement over the previous service levels.  I'll post again in a few weeks if there are any connection glitches.

A side note - the new AIS 3G service which just started this week seems much faster also and more reliable for my iPhone applications. 

Did you have to sign and pay for a year or 6 months in advance?

On this promotion page it says B1200 a month, did you get a B990 deal at one of the shops?

http://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product/details/2253

I think my condo has fiber optic to the street outside as I use Sophon cable at the moment, I dumped 3BB last year for poor connection/customer service, but this would be different

Thanks for the post, I left Patts last week. In the UK I am a car buyer and I buy quite a lot of cars in line through various auction houses. I brought my laptop with me to try and do some work whilst in my room ( r con apartments ) but as it is a live real time auction the internet speed seemed to be too slow for me to be able to bid. Do you think that the new 3bb would be fast enough ? or does anybody know of a guesthouse/ hotel with a really fast connection.

Very interesting.  What was the latency like (ping MS value) to servers in Europe and London?

thanks for the info. Will check this for my Jomtien Area tomorrow.

Already 3bb customer.

After all those TOT Disasters (for me) 3bb gives a really hope for the future :-)

You mean its australian level infrastructure.

Checked today, not available in my area, Pratumnak 6

Thank you for the info.

So far, and for many years, I was a happy TOT customer. However, this month the ADSL line is already down for 8 days. When i contact the help-desk they are telling me 'yes sir, our engineer is working on it'. 

May I should consider changing provider.

I looked into this service a while back and was told I couldn't get it because I lived in a condo building.

Even worse, the building I am in only has 3 providers(sophon, 3BB and TOT)

Sophon is crap slow in high season, TOT only has a max of 2mbps connections left in our building(never tried them cos of all the bad reports), so it only leaves me with 3BB which works ok most of the time

• 2 months later...

I am with 3BB and live in Central Pattaya. I am on the 13 MB plan and receive speeds higher than advertised. 

The only thing stopping me from upgrading is the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

I have pinned the topic and hope to read about BM's experiences both good and bad.

Archived