IGNORED

AIS 3G sim: is my number dead or just out of credit?

Sorry if this is in wrong section.

I have an AIS SIM card that I'm sure is out of credit. But I'm wondering if the numer is dead/has been reallocated.

I get a text message saying to press *120 to top up which results in the same message being returned.

Anyway to top up outside of Thailand?

Hmm, i would also like to know that, as the AIS Sim card i got seems to have roaming working, would be nice to keep the same number for next trip

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/prepaid-credit-card1-1.html

Here is a list of top up methods (on the left) for AIS  12call.

If you know someone in Patt , maybe they can top up your card for you.
Maybe you can try a small reload and see if the card 'reacts',     see if you get a confirmation of the reload. 
Then it also means your number and sim are still active.

What you can also try : when your card has roaming function : try to dial *121# to check your balance (just like a phone number *121# send/dial

Not sure if the 0 as a result still means your card is active though.

Note that you can not just reload by using the number 120.
You need a reload code that you can buy in 7-11 or other shop. If you don't have this one , how will you reload ?
For free does not work.....

The code you need to use in that case is :
*120* the recharge code #                  send

Please read the part about automatic reload, if that would be of intrest to you...  In that case your card will never expire.
Just don't know the minimum amount you need to reload every month...    I guess AIS customer service can tell you when you are in Thailand.

Also : see this website.

But first make sure your simcard is still active (see above)    :       http://thaiprepaidcard.com/

What you can also try :  when your card has roaming function : try to  dial *121# to check your balance (just like a phone number        *121#    send/dial

Grtz

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Hmm, i would also like to know that, as the AIS Sim card i got seems to have roaming working, would be nice to keep the same number for next trip

Precisely.

As long as you keep the validity of the sim going (reloading i guess) , you always keep the same number.

Different pricing plans and different top up amounts give different validity to your simcard.

No other way than to document yourself well or just ask AIS cause otherwise 30 different answers are possible.

If you would have AIS TOURIST SIM, these conditions would be for you (but there are many other pricing plans) :

The company reserves the right to suspend the service in case of no outgoing or incoming call or top-up for 90 days.

Only for customer who has at least 200 bath topping up for 30 days validity and has registered within 30 days that is applicable to recieve *140 validity transfering service.

The company reserves the right to restrain the service in case of no calling, no picking up or no topping within 90 days.

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/prepaid-credit-card1-1.html

Here is a list of top up methods (on the left) for AIS  12call.

If you know someone in Patt , maybe they can top up your card for you.

Maybe you can try a small reload and see if the card 'reacts',     see if you get a confirmation of the reload. 

Then it also means your number and sim are still active.

What you can also try : when your card has roaming function : try to dial *121# to check your balance (just like a phone number *121# send/dial

Not sure if the 0 as a result still means your card is active though.

Note that you can not just reload by using the number 120.

You need a reload code that you can buy in 7-11 or other shop. If you don't have this one , how will you reload ?

For free does not work.....

The code you need to use in that case is :

*120* the recharge code #                  send

Please read the part about automatic reload, if that would be of intrest to you...  In that case your card will never expire.

Just don't know the minimum amount you need to reload every month...    I guess AIS customer service can tell you when you are in Thailand.

Also : see this website.

But first make sure your simcard is still active (see above)    :       http://thaiprepaidcard.com/

What you can also try :  when your card has roaming function : try to  dial *121# to check your balance (just like a phone number        *121#    send/dial

Grtz

Great info, Grtz! Unfortunately, it looks like my number has been deactivated. I can't even cellular roam at the moment so can't even check my balance. Bummer!

Try callmuangthai.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Archived