IGNORED

Compact Camera Repair.

Billyboy294

I have a Lumix TZ5 compact purchased in 2008. It has a 10 x zoom but the zoom has stopped working. Funnily enough you can use the zoom to zoom into photos you have taken.

A few of the camera shops on 2nd floor in Tukcom said they did not repair but directed me to one shop which advertised camera repair but they said it was expensive.. I spoke to the two girls who were working there. After explaining the problem one of them said 1200 baht.  I did not have the camera with me.

Does anyone have knowledge of this shop or can recommend somewhere.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

had the same problem a year back with a sony.

thailand is no longer filled with cheap labour so did what i would do in uk

threw away and bought another

The zooming after a photo is taken is only the software zooming. Pm BM oneday. He will tell you a shop to avoid. Gave his camera back in a plastic bag full of bits.

Camera repair:

Tibcom - basement / lower level

Down the stairs across from Tops grocery store.

Camera repair lab, no nonsense. Very reasonable including labor.

Thanks ruay, i assume you mean Tukcom. The shop is Amor and i have used them in the past to repair video recorders and they always seemed reasonable.

I think i will try them before the two girls upstairs. If a part is worn then i suppose it will be difficult to get a replacement now.

Yes, Tukcom and Amor.

Two years ago, I had a new Canon Power Shot and a piece where the SD card is came off.

I wasn't carful with the camera at the time and they noticed tiny particles in the lens that needed to be cleaned. This could only be done with sensitive instruments and I was charged 1500 baht for everything, including parts and labor.

I speak Thai with them and I feel that they are very reasonable, honest, and clearly have specialized trained staff and electricians in the lab. Generally labor is always the highest cost in camera repair so I've always taken my broken cameras to Thailand for repair.

For Nikon in BKK, the authorized Nikon dealers in MBK take it to the same place (forgot name and location, but main Thailand Nikon outlet) one or two stops from Silom. This place too has labor charges 1/2 to 1/3 of the USA and if it is uneconomical to repair the camera, they would let me know. This store is officially part of Nikon so very professional.

If a girl from a Tukcom shop can see from the outside the costs are 1200Bht i wouldn't believe much of what she's saying .

Compact , 5 years old ... better buy a new one or make clear to them if they can't fix it you won't pay .

Thanks for the replies.

• 1 month later...

I took my Lumix TZ5 camera to Amor in Tukcom to get my Zoom repaired. Got it back not next day but morning after, Cost 900 baht and guarantee 1 month.

Archived