IGNORED

Arcadia Mansions

BARHOPPER

I Have booked into Arcadia mansions in March,it's located on the soi just before Tim Beer Bar on 2nd road.It is a brand new hotel and is owned by The Carlton(group) which also owns Bliss mansion on Soi Diana.The weekly rate is THB 590 per night.I am posting just to ask if anyone has stayed at Arcadia Mansions yet(it's only been open a couple of months).If anyone has any opinions/reviews on the place i'd appreciate any feedback.

Barhopper.

'From the Purr of Pattaya to the Lure of Luzon!'

• 1 year later...

Thanks.. :LMAO1: Been reading this part of the forum from old posts to new posts , will change it from new to old(er) posts.

• 1 month later...

very cheap, and looks clean... My friend stayed here two years ago and said it looks better now and it was still pretty nice back then,..... i'm booking now

[email protected] here..............is this place brand new, as the OP states, newly refurbed, as people are saying in other threads.

Looking at that youtube video of it, its not just the towels that are minging. Look at the area around the bath

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5R-NoVvOJrs

I think thats just crossed it off my list tbh

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

[email protected] here..............is this place brand new, as the OP states, newly refurbed, as people are saying in other threads.

Looking at that youtube video of it, its not just the towels that are minging. Look at the area around the bath

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5R-NoVvOJrs

I think thats just crossed it off my list tbh

Hedonist

I am the OP and when i posted the original thread it was 2 years ago,so i can't really comment on up the up to date condition of the place.I did stay there and it was 'new'(in 2007).i've stayed before in their 'sister hotel' Bliss Mansions(on Soi Diana) and judging by that, i can believe like most Thai owned/run places that 'Arcadia' has gone downhill in the two years since i stayed there(the Thai's just don''t maintain their places).Watching the you tube video link i must say that the room in the Footage doesn't look like one of the rooms i stayed in.My room seemed much bigger than that and it didn't have an in-room safe(had to use safety boxes at reception).As i say i stayed there 2 years ago and things change,i've stayed in many places in Pattaya both before and after and must say for the price range their are 'newer' places with better quality to choose from(if judging by the previous posters you tube link(footage).

Barhopper.

http://www.carltonpattayahotel.com/p_arcadia.php

I stayed there over new years and 12 days january ,i liked alot ,good location firendly staff,deluxe room was only 820 bht too,not sure about standard rooms but the only diff i beleive is deluxe room had a pantry area with table for eating at which i never used and on 8th floor too which might be quieter later on ,im going back in march and may book in again.

I stayed there in October '08, for the price the place was fine , clean spacious with a balcony, the location is great next to Tim boutique hotel and the new shopping mall on 2nd road.

No pool , no wifi in rooms (have it in the lobby) .

I checked out after one night due the noise from several construction sites, it was terrible.

I would stay there again at that price (when the building stops).

As i said it was a while ago when i stayed there(almost 2 years) but their website has the latest rates .

Edited by BARHOPPER

• 1 month later...

Stayed here at the end of January for a week in a large room with sitting area and table in.Small balcony overlooking Soi Diana I belive,can,t say I had any noise problem whilst there,but would say the room was a little worn and needed a paint,as did the bathroom.Yes towels on some days were mankee but cleaners did there best..

Would I stay there again the answer is maybe as I liked the location..

• 2 months later...

stayed there few months ago, nice hotel, sheets were a bit worn, as was the room considering it was supposed to be a new hotel, but generally good condition, bathroom had a hold up shower, i prefer a walk in shower, not much noise from local bars but i was a couple of floors up, theres a good quicl laudry service run just over the road which was handy,

i would stay there again because i liked the area, but there are plenty of other similar hotels nearby, i stayed at the arcadia mansions which i was told has a sister hotel down the road i think called carlton. the superior room i stayed in was about 820baht a night, which is fair

didnt stay there myself but 3 friends stayed there spent few nites there drinkin very nice spacious rooms seemed clean rooms have table and chairs and balcony nothin wrong wit it gr8 value considering youd pay more for the same across road at lek hotel