Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amazing UK sim deal for people in Patts alot

Hi all

Im currently spending an average of 6 months in Patts and 6 months at home atm. Its frustrating having been with Orange for so long, having to put contracts on hold and stuff. Also, you don't want to sign a new one knowing that a new Iphone 5 would be great but you won't be able to use the sim for 6 months and still be paying for it.

So currently I have a £40 deal with EE as they are now known. Unlimited everything + 3gb data. Buuuuut I have a Lebara mobile sim (VODAFONE network) for calling my girl and mates in Thailand. Cheap calls at 6p/min to Thai mobiles. But I end up yapping for ages n having been topping up £5s left right and centre, been back less than a month and done in £40! This is cutting myself short and ending phone calls due to eating through the credit.

THEN I found this great deal with Lebara on their site when going to top up....

For £29 u can get their Unlimited deal, which gives you, the following all on a payg with NO contract

Product

Price

Inclusion

Countries Included

Validity

How to activate

Unlimited 29

£29

Unlimited

•  Calls to selected international landlines and mobiles (see right)
  •  Texts to selected international mobiles
  •  Calls to UK mobiles and landlines
  •  Texts to UK mobiles
  •  Calls to Lebara UK mobiles
  •  Texts to Lebara UK mobiles

1GB Mobile Internet

• Canada
  • China
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore
  • Thailand
  • USA

30 days

•  eVoucher (ePay, PayPoint or PayZone)
  •  Online through lebara.co.uk

This means I can now cancel my EE deal completely, transfer my number to the Lebara sim and I have a totally flexible no contract deal with UNLIMITED calls within the UK...AND Thailand and all those other countries!!! This will save me my full £40 to EE and say at least £20 of extra top ups Id end up doing as if I didn't have this I'd probably spend £50 on standard top ups.

I for one think this is amazing and I'm over the moon, HAD to share

The cheapest way I have found to call a Thai mobile is to get a free Epay World rechargeable card and top it up when required with £5, £10 0r £20.  You can top up at Sainburys and some newsagents.  I don't think you can get the card at Sainsburys, but many newsagents stock it.  The cost to call Thailand mobile is   0.5 pence a minute.

Of course if you both have a smart phone and internet access there are many apps for calling free.

Although this Lebara deal does sound interesting...

http://www.lebara.co.uk/unlimited

£29

Valid for 30 days

New Customers:

8868679811102.png

Existing Customers:

Login & Buy

Instant Purchase

Unlimited £29

• Unlimited Minutes & Texts to the below countries
  • Unlimited UK^ Calls & Texts
  • 1GB UK Mobile Internet
  • Unlimited Lebara to Lebara UK calls & texts

Countries included

8869301846046.gif

Subject to a Fair Use Policy*

Just get Skype World unlimIted - less than a tenner. Free calls to Thai mobiles. Can use on your mobile phone via the data connection.

Over the years have spent thousands and trust me - now data is more speedy/reliable/cheaper this is by far the best way (for me).

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/?intcmp=CS-Upsell-FA12212-2

I'm not sure if it's still running but Lebara did have an offer for unlimited calls to Thailand for £9.95 which you could get by texting UL10 to 65088 maybe worth a shot.

Although this Lebara deal does sound interesting...

Just get Skype World unlimIted - less than a tenner. Free calls to Thai mobiles. Can use on your mobile phone via the data connection.

Over the years have spent thousands and trust me - now data is more speedy/reliable/cheaper this is by far the best way (for me).

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/?intcmp=CS-Upsell-FA12212-2

Echoing an earlier post, but yeah - Skype is perfect. 

I'm not in the UK so often, maybe only 4 to 6 weeks of the year, but I always keep a pay-as-you-go talk mobile sim active - and use the globetalker bonus. Lots of free interentaion minutes, and calls to Thailand and other world countries are inexpensive.

http://www.talkmobile.co.uk/sims?PHPSESSID=brsungmol0du9u5jj9042ig0q1

Thought that may change on my next trip to the UK, and I'll just need a decent 3g package. Now the vast majority of my contacts are on smart phone and 3G, with whatsapp, skype and viber meaning I rarely have to worry about call charges.

Archived