IGNORED

17 year old man caught with two explosive devices in South Pattaya.

17 year old man caught with two explosive devices in South Pattaya.

Just after 9.30pm on Christmas Eve, Police Sergeant Major Somsee who was working at a checkpoint set up near the South Pattaya intersection with Pattaya Third Road, spotted one man on a motorbike who appeared nervous as he approached. He was ordered to pull over and was found to be carrying two circular items wrapped in black tape which appeared to be some form of explosive device. The 17 year old man was immediately placed under arrest and taken to Pattaya Police Station where he explained that he was carrying the items to protect himself, he also mentioned that he was on his way to discard the items in fear of the Police. Police do not entirely believe the young man and think that he may have been planning some form of attack at a concert which was being held on Monday Night at the Concert Ground at the North end of Pattaya Third Road. He is now behind bars pending further investigations.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_25_12_50_2.htm

I have also been waiting for it to get there.

I was in BKK on new years eve last year when the bombs went off. One went off within sight / hearing distance.... Made me a bit nervous to say the least.

I got me a LT like picking up a loaf of bread off the shelf, and hurried to the room. Next day.. it was like nothing ever happened....

I doubt the source here or in BKK tho was anything to do with the South's problems..... I really wish they could solve that problem peacefully. I started my mongering 8 years ago just before the shit started. Made about 8 trips.... it was all one man could stand.... even better than patts in my humble opinion....

This one is really concerning. Hope the local BIB have passed the info on to head office.

Testicles

I was in Pattaya and BKk right after the Bali bombings. Bkk was crazy, with armed people everywhere, and the owners and mamasans looking really worried. Pattaya, on the other hand, was like Pattaya. in other words, buisness as usual, with no visable reaction from the government other than a few more tourist police on Walking Street.

my theory is this: if i am fated to die in a bombing, then so be it. i can't prevent it any more than i can prevent a plane crash. so why worry about it.

my theory is this: if i am fated to die in a bombing, then so be it. i can't prevent it any more than i can prevent a plane crash. so why worry about it.

I totally agree. Save your silver bullets for the wars you can win!!!

It was only a mater of time for the trouble from south Thailand to come to Pattaya .

All kinds of gang rivalries here - the police have made NO connection with the Southern troubles and I very much doubt they will.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

thats troubling. i know plenty of people working, like me, in the middle east. id hate for it to happen but i am aware of the risks while here. cant do anything about it but having something like that happen while on vacation would be , at the very least, a real bummer :Chokdee3:

animalsdancingpanda6eb.gif

"You went full retard...."

Sgt Lincoln Osiris

One day, it will happen. It's ineluctable. They'll do it for God's sake. That will not stop me from going to LOS. I love Thai ladies too much.

Edited by Steeve69

I also live and work in the Middle East. And i agree it is a shame this is happening.

But Whitespider probably has it most right,,, it could have been a little gang here trying to piss on a little gang there. Very local, and not likely tourist related. The real organized idiots, rarely get caught ( see the problems catching them in the South ) and they are NEVER caught before the act is complete.