IGNORED

Help w/ Buying a Used Car

fm2002

Considering buying a car and have been offered a used 1993 BMW 325. It's in good condition for it's age and has around 200,000km. Usually in the U.S. you could do a Kelly Blue Book to determine approximate value, but with the import tax and other variables in Thailand I wouldn't have a clue where to start in trying to put a fair value to this car.

Anyone out there that could help or point me in the right direction ???

all i know about bringing in cars from other places is .. the import tax are ridiculus.. ( this is what i have heard anyways..) good luck..

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Guest Harlequin

Go to www.one2car.com - all in thai but the drop downs in the upper right corner are obvious - it'll give you an idea of what second had cars in TH go for.

Car prices in Thailand are ridiculous and be prepared to pay stupid amounts for clean examples of even old BMWs.Expect to pay over 300,000 even for one with high km's .I looked at bringing in a convertible corvette last year and the duty and taxes were almost 5x the value of the car!!! Fuck that in the dark! :rolleyes:

There is a good side to all this and that is the fact that your car will hold it's price far more than it will back at home :)

Import taxes were paid by the guy that brought it in as an import..He wont recover those fees..A BMW 93 Model would bring more then 300,000 in my opinion..I see junk sell for alot of money here..A new Thailand made Toyota or Nissan can be had for under 1 million baht for a Nice one NEW with warranty..Parts and maintance for the imports are expensive..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Iam in the same boat, I need to buy a car asap as well, and Ive also been dumbfounded by the used car prices here in thailand its beyond ridicoulous. I really dont understand why a used car holds its value so highly here. Honestly they go for almost 3 times the amount for the same car here in the states its amazing.

That being said anyone know of a decent good used car in Phuket for sale :wacko:

The Difference between a Western women and a Thai Women

you say. “Can I buy you a cup of coffee?†sounds to a western woman something like “How about a threesome with you and your sister?â€

Where as in Thailand, if you ask a woman “How about a threesome with you and your sister?†her probable response will be “Sure but can you buy us a cup of coffee first?â€

In a simple word flang - DONT

the used vehicle market in thailand is a total nightmare for the unwary, (fake parts, bodged repairs, zero maintenance - thais wont spend money on recommended maintenance, they wait till the red light comes on saying low engine oil level, dodgy car papers - might be a stolen rebuild,

in short - any dirty trick you think can be played and then all those you never heard of

(of course you might be lucky to find a car with known history - flang owned eg)

get a new saloon car from honda toyota and be happy. never let a local bodger near it and you can sell in 5 years time for little less than you paid for it. 600-700k for peace of mind then you dont need to wast millions buying a stoopid condo or worse building a stoopid house in the boondocks

if you cant afford that then you belong to the cheap charlie vagrant class and shouldnt think about a car