IGNORED

Bruno's Restaurant & Wine Bar.

I've eaten in this place twice now and both times it's been bloody marvelous! If you like really good food, you need to check it out!

It's on Thappraya Road past Pratumnak Hill heading towards Jomtien.

Both times I've been it's been in large groups so I've sampled around 12 of the dishes. When you go in, there's a lounge bar where you can have a drink or two and the Chef will bring out some free appetizers and nuts etc. Last night the appetizers were Chicken liver parfait on Bruschetta, Smoked Salmon on Brioche and a small Beef Carpaccio on Bread, all were great.

We went through to the restaurant and the owner and Chef, Fredi, joined us with one of his mates for dinner (and wine lol). They have a new chef and this man knows exactly what he is doing. We sampled the new specials menu and every dish was brilliant. Between us we had Rib Eye steaks, Lamb racks (cooked in honey and Pistachio) Frog legs in a voil au vent with a wild mushroom sauce, Beef Carpaccio with a balsamic and raspberry dressing, Poached Egg soup with bacon and Mushroom, Salads and plenty of other great dishes. They are all also very decent portions- you will get full.

In between courses they will bring you (also free of charge) more appetizers and entree's - Little cups of Tom Yum Gung, Bread's (all homemade) and Sorbet's (great if you mix a shot of vodka in them and drink it) 

I've only been for dinner, but they now have a set lunchtime menu that costs under 400b and includes 3 courses, would be a great introduction to fine dining in Pattaya if you haven't tried it yet.  I'll be checking it out soon!

Anyhow, there's my recommendation, everybody should give it a go for a little holiday treat! The girls also love it.

Walk in's are welcome every lunchtime and evening, but I reckon if you are a large group then you need to book, as it get's very busy.

Fredi's mobile number is 0818615612 for bookings.

This is one of the top restaurants in Pattaya. I stop there for lunch frequently. The food is always very good, and the presentation and service are impeccable. I wouldn't recommend taking a bar girl however, as most will not fell comfortable.

Retired

On the list..... thanks guys

Indeed a very good resturant, with very good food and athmosphere.

The steak in Bruno's is the best I've ever tasted anywhere, beautiful!

If you want something done properly, do it yourself..

Yes top place i eat there up to five times a week some times every day. I've tried other restaurant around and never the quality of  Bruno's..  It just won a TV award for the best restaurant in Thailand.

Yes top place i eat there up to five times a week some times every day. I've tried other restaurant around and never the quality of  Bruno's..  It just won a TV award for the best restaurant in Thailand.

Amazing that it is not featured on Google.

Then again, Tripadvisor sez, ok.

I'm Farkin sick of self promoting Cnuts, when a  Restaurant publicity thread topic gets FIVE STARS. On a Monger Thread?

WTF?

Amazing that it is not featured on Google.

Then again, Tripadvisor sez, ok.

I'm Farkin sick of self promoting Cnuts, when a  Restaurant publicity thread topic gets FIVE STARS. On a Monger Thread?

WTF?

The guy hasn't advertised his restaurant for years I think its just because he has a good reputation.. Food is very cheap for the standard of it.

The guy hasn't advertised his restaurant for years I think its just because he has a good reputation.. Food is very cheap for the standard of it.

Very true, I believe all his custom comes from word of mouth. He is an old school kind of guy, so I didn't even ask him before starting the thread lol. Just wanted to spread the word that there is some very decent food in town. 

Very true, I believe all his custom comes from word of mouth. He is an old school kind of guy, so I didn't even ask him before starting the thread lol. Just wanted to spread the word that there is some very decent food in town. 

As I know Fredi since almost 20 years - the thread is no problem for him LOL... Its my favourite restaurant in Thailand too - celebrated my last two birthdays there.

If you plan your birthday party there - just call him a couple of days in advance and fix up the details, like the price range and what kind of food should be served - it is always top of the top! :ThumbUp6:

I have to agree, I love eating there. The Veal cheeks are out of this world . 

Oh your a good alright with your abusive posts and no idea whats goin around you.

Please see my post above.

Though it is true, I could not find one single post regarding this restaurant, independently, of course.

As I previously posted, Tripadvisor has a commentary, though NO-ONE else.

But if you want to get Farkin' Nasty, let me pursue this -

How do you validate FIVE STARS, on this thread, when there are essentially NO reports on this restaurant, save Trip Advisor?

Which would have Fark All to do with P.A?

I really don't understand why anyone would make such comments, and why this thread has turned into what it appears to, seems a shame.

There is so much that could be said right now, but I will keep what I say to a minimum, or try at least.

Yes, PA is a forum aimed at the 'monger's, however the website's name is Pattaya Addicts, so it's fairly safe to assume it's anything to do with Pattaya- after all, look at all the different sections and sub forums, they cover near on anything related to this town.

It's also very probable that the person who gave it 5 stars, wasn't giving the stars to this thread, but perhaps the restaurant itself?

Once again, I really don't understand why it would be a problem for myself or anyone on this forum to post a review of a very good meal in a section on PA entitled " Restaurants, Cafe's, Take Aways & Nightlife Venues"??

It's certainly not anywhere near the truth that it's self promotion, and I'd also like to think that I'm not a ''Farkin' Cnut'' either (if that is who your comment was aimed at) Some may disagree on that though lol.

On the other hand if it was advertising, it would definitely be warranted for such a good restaurant. Advertising is of paramount importance in any business.

I have enjoyed fine dining all my life, it's really my passion, hence the reason I started this thread.

Next time I enjoy a really great meal, I won't tell anyone about it and let you find out for yourself. In the meantime however feel free to pop in and I'll take you down to Bruno's, so you can see what you think. I'll even treat you to the Watermelon and Shrimp starter.

......hopefully this thread can get back on track now.

Have dined here quite a few times over the past few years & agree with the views about it being the number one restaurant in Patts. Recently dined in a small restaurant around the corner in Thepprasit Rd. called Maggs, an English chef, great food,service,decor,ambiance & reasonable prices. Well worth a visit IMO

Have dined here quite a few times over the past few years & agree with the views about it being the number one restaurant in Patts. Recently dined in a small restaurant around the corner in Thepprasit Rd. called Maggs, an English chef, great food,service,decor,ambiance & reasonable prices. Well worth a visit IMO

I'll check it out mate thanks.

Agreed its one of the best places to eat in Pattaya, and its well priced for the quality of the food and service

Thanks yodsak, i have tried lots of eating places in Pattaya, some are okay, some are not so good, so it will be nice to go to Bruno's, and have a decent steak.

Oh your a good alright with your abusive posts and no idea whats goin around you.

just ignore that guy... hes a fucking clown

• 3 years later...

Stopped in last night. Some of my local ex-pat friends say that Bruno's is off a bit in recent years. I would not know, as I only first tried it last March. Was almost empty last night (Sunday). I got there early at 6:30 and by the time I left at 7:30 there was only a group of 4 at one table. I really do like their Rack of Lamb. 

IMG_0162.JPG

Archived