IGNORED

will this cost me

Hi all, absolutely useless with technology theses days and was wondering if I use my Samsung 3 in Thailand what sim card do I have to get so I can carry on using whatsapp.will I have to download the app again.also if I just keep my three mobile sim card in it will I get charged for just having it switched on?

All your apps will stay on your phone no matter which SIM card you use. You can even use your apps with no SIM card fitted as long as you have access to the internet via Wi-Fi

I use a DTAC sim card when in Thailand which I believe you can get on level 2 at the Airport or from TUKOM shopping centre in Pattaya.

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Everything will cost u something in thailand no freebies

Everything will cost u something in thailand no freebies

He isn't asking to get anything for free

Stevie

also if I just keep my three mobile sim card in it will I get charged for just having it switched on?

Get a Thai sim card, do not use your 3 mobile sim in it,they will rape you for high charges.

cheers everyone much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Get a Thai sim card, do not use your 3 mobile sim in it,they will rape you for high charges.

Amen on that one

2.5 years ago I came here with my 1st android smartphone for a months holiday.

On returning home I was greeted with a $900 phone bill, even though I only downloaded a handful of emails.

This could have been avoided though by simply turning off the data connection, but nobody tells you about stuff like that until the shock horror bill arrives in the mail :-/

2.5 years ago I came here with my 1st android smartphone for a months holiday.

On returning home I was greeted with a $900 phone bill, even though I only downloaded a handful of emails.

This could have been avoided though by simply turning off the data connection, but nobody tells you about stuff like that until the shock horror bill arrives in the mail :-/

Or you could have done a little pre-planning and avoided the issue totally. Phone plans are always structured to screw you, so it is smart to find out how.

I have a 12call SIM I use, charge it up with 1500 thb and get 3GB 3G and unlimited GPRS for a 900 month works most places around Thailand, and have about 600 thb left for talk and text. This usually gives me validity for a year too and just charge up again next time.

Archived