Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iPhone5 + nano-sim

Sofa King High

I may get an iPhone 5 before my next trip as I'm sick of the cheap-o phones and my iPhone 4 isn't compatible with any networks bar my current US carrier.

If anyone could confirm/answer any of these questions I'd be grateful..

I assume I can get a nano-simcard in Thailand? Also assume/recall I can get it unlocked at Tukcom?

If that all goes well, can I get unlimited talk/text/data without a plan and what would this cost? (roundabout)

No problem getting a nano sim, You'll find them at any half decent phone stall, or even at the airport phone stand.

Not sure about getting the phone unlocked, It all depends on who it is locked with. My only experience is trying to get 2 iphone 4s' unlock. One was done at pantip without a problem for 800, the other was locked with O2 in the UK and it cost 4000, and took over 24 hours.

You can get an unlimited 3G/WIGI package for the month, It will automatically try to reoccure the next month unless you request otherwise - best to get it activated at an official phone store (ie 12Call).

I use the 12Call 2GB unlimited package for 550 Bht per month http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/simcard-one2call-netsim-3g.html

Get an unlocked phone or get it unlocked by your carrier as soon as you get it 

it should only take a phone call

that will save you any problems with fucking your new phone up

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

Get an unlocked phone or get it unlocked by your carrier as soon as you get it 

it should only take a phone call

that will save you any problems with fucking your new phone up

My carrier won't do it, they try to keep you stuck on their network in the states. iPhone 4 I had was setup without a sim so there was no way to switch.

No problem getting a nano sim, You'll find them at any half decent phone stall, or even at the airport phone stand.

Not sure about getting the phone unlocked, It all depends on who it is locked with. My only experience is trying to get 2 iphone 4s' unlock. One was done at pantip without a problem for 800, the other was locked with O2 in the UK and it cost 4000, and took over 24 hours.

You can get an unlimited 3G/WIGI package for the month, It will automatically try to reoccure the next month unless you request otherwise - best to get it activated at an official phone store (ie 12Call).

I use the 12Call 2GB unlimited package for 550 Bht per month http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/simcard-one2call-netsim-3g.html

Nice, thanks a lot for the info. Covers just about everything I need to know. I can buy it now and sort the rest on the ground.

Archived