IGNORED

Dtac swapping sim

7-Eleven

I've had the same number for years on Dtac.

When iPhone 4 came out I cut my original sim down to micro sim size... No probs.

Now iPhone 5 is out I have cut it down to nano sim size, okay for now but it's looking tatty and don't think it will last much longer.

Does anyone know if they can swap an old number on to a new (nano) SIM card? I have about 700 bahts worth of credit and I know that can be transferred over but can't find anything on google about moving the number.

Or... Is it game over for this sim, use all the credit up and just buy a new sim?

It is my understanding you can retain your number, I have been told, take the old sim card in (to prove it is you with the phone number), and they will do the swap thing.

I was told, the phone shop opposite the check out's in Big C (the old Carrefour) Pattaya Klang (central Pattaya road) can do this for you.

I've done that 3 times in Canada (swapped sims, kept old number), so I would imagine they can do in Thailand, especially big company like Dtac.

It is my understanding you can retain your number, I have been told, take the old sim card in (to prove it is you with the phone number), and they will do the swap thing.

I was told, the phone shop opposite the check out's in Big C (the old Carrefour) Pattaya Klang (central Pattaya road) can do this for you.

Cheers for the reply, that's good to hear. I know the shop you are referring to but I will not be in Pattaya this trip, only Bangkok. Anyone know where the official Dtac service centre in Bangkok is? I'll try the one at the airport first.

I've done that 3 times in Canada (swapped sims, kept old number), so I would imagine they can do in Thailand, especially big company like Dtac.

Cheers, yes it's a doddle to do here in the UK as well... Things are often never as easy in Thailand though!

A google search will get it for you.

As I have some time on my hands I did a google search and got this from "Trip adviser"

"In the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, there is a DTAC store/booth that sells the Happy Sim. It is located at Arrival Passenger Hall, 2nd Floor, Gate 7."

Contact their call center on 1678 you will get all your info there

Just in case take your passport with you.

i got a message from AIS to say my Sim was old and to go to Telewhizz in Tukcom and they would give me a new version with same number.

When i went i showed them the message on my phone but they would not replace the Sim till I showed my Passport. I showed them my credit sized copy which is accepted by Banks even for a new ATM card but not good enough for a replacement SIm. Incidently i lost all my stored phone numbers but luckily i have a second phone.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

In case you don't want to lose your numbers on the card (too late for BillyBoy), copy them to the phone first. Or ask the shop if they have a simcardreader attached to the pc, so they can copy from one sim to an other one. Usually they have it in most countries....  

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Cheers fella's got it sorted at the DTAC service center in Siam Paragon.

There was no charge for doing it.

Archived