IGNORED

SD cards and iPad Minis?

Digsy

I recently bought my mum an iPad Mini for her 60th as that's what she wanted.

Today she tells me that she seen a guy at her photography class transfer his stuff from his tablet to his sd card as it had a slot for it.

I'm well aware that the iPad has no such slot and that if she wanted to do it she could get a cable and transfer it to her computer and then to the the SD card. This would involve a lot of fannying about and would also mean having to install iTunes to the computer which is a pain in the arse itself.

Is their any sort of way she could transfer the stuff to a card reader via a cable or something so all she has to do when she gets home is put the SD card into the computer and upload her pics that way?

Cheers for any advice

Why not just use iCloud?

Tell me more mate, I know absolutely nothing about ios :/

It seems she wants to transfer pics she has saved on the sd card in the camera and doesn't want all the pics on her card transfered to the iPad

http://store.apple.c...reader?fnode=3a

I have one of these I bought via Ebay.  Apple wanted about £25 but I got it for about £5 as a copy rather than genuine Apple part.

You plug it into the lightning socket in the bottom of the ipad and it brings up all the pictures on the SD card.  You then click on the ones you want to transfer and they whizz across into their own new folder sorted by date,

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

http://store.apple.c...reader?fnode=3a

I have one of these I bought via Ebay.  Apple wanted about £25 but I got it for about £5 as a copy rather than genuine Apple part.

You plug it into the lightning socket in the bottom of the ipad and it brings up all the pictures on the SD card.  You then click on the ones you want to transfer and they whizz across into their own new folder sorted by date,

Where are you sourcing it from? Got a website?

Just buy the new Sony Xperia Tablet Z which has an SD slot. No more fannying about with stupid Apple restrictions.

Can your mum not access the ipad via the DCIM folder in windows when it is attached to her pc? No itunes needed then. Just stick a shortcut on her desktop.

If ipads don't show up in windows as Iphones do, please ignore the above  :DeadHorse2:

Just buy the new Sony Xperia Tablet Z which has an SD slot. No more fannying about with stupid Apple restrictions.

That wasn't the question - and your Andriod tablet is shit, so keep it

Lovely - thanks. Already ordered...

• 2 months later...

This is why I hate Apple products.  I mean come on, put in a damn card slot.  The card slot on my android tablet is the main way I transfer movies, photos, etc.  I run Cyanogenmod on it, which is a sweet version of the Android OS.  Apple is money hungry and charges more for the models that have additional storage.  Sorry if my post is not helpful  :P

~Snappy

Archived