IGNORED

Bar fines and LT and decent bars?

motoguzzibob

I have a friend who has a house on the Darkside (But has been in England for last 6 months sorting family stuff). He claims there are some decent bars and the prices are reasonable - cheaper than usual soi areas. He also claims that you can pay bar fines of 200 bht in some bars and better still some girls ask/ accept 500 bht LT - although most ask 1000. He claims there are plenty of lookers and more pleasant than the other side of Sukhumvit (i.e. the beach side), but his taste is very different to mine! He also says there are more farm fresh girls. Now I don't wish to doubt a friend and I have never been to bars on the Darkside - mainly because he's retired and has the time and lives there, but I'm not retired, so I didn't have time to experiment. However, I am coming up to early retirement and will have more time. Is there any truth in what he says? I know that rental is cheaper and with sterling dropping like a stone against the baht, I may have to consider the Darkside.

Who has experiences to regale?

Thanks   :GoldenSmile1:

Makes sense to me, darkside = better value but could you live without the infrastructure?  I love strolling to the Avenue to watch the latest film and occasionally looking out to sea from the beer garden.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

its not exactly far on motorbike taxi, 100bt

everyone has different tastes so until u venture over there u wont know, I lived over there and loved it, still got house and when I,m back I hardly venture into town as I made many new friends over the darkside

darts and pool nights too

plenty to do if u have a good look,  soi siam country club, nernplabwan, khaonoi and khaotalo

be daring, get out of pattaya for once

its not exactly far on motorbike taxi, 100bt

everyone has different tastes so until u venture over there u wont know, I lived over there and loved it, still got house and when I,m back I hardly venture into town as I made many new friends over the darkside

darts and pool nights too

plenty to do if u have a good look,  soi siam country club, nernplabwan, khaonoi and khaotalo

be daring, get out of pattaya for once

Sounds like good advice -  just didn't want to commit to long term residence. I have got to say, also, as a biker of about 40 years and have ridden over most of Europe and the US and have come off a few times,  I hate getting on the back of motorbike in SE Asia - it's a high accident rate and no protection, especially pissed with a girl to share the seat. I've done it, but don't want to do it regularly, that's why I asked the question. You seem to suggest it's well worth trying? And life may even be better! I do also take the point about the convenience of 10 or so minutes walk to pretty much everything. Now I've confused myself! Help! :Think1:

200 Bht BF and 500 Bht LT ....

There are no bars on the darkside that take 200 Bht BF , the cheapest are 300 and some 4/500 Bht .  

LT girls for 500 Bht .... i guess his taste is very different from mine as well ......

Good looking girls must be very desperate to go for 500 Bht LT . The normal price is 1000 Bht and to

be honest i would be ashamed to pay a good performer 500 .

On the other hand if you visit certain bars frequently (like i do) there are some girls you come befriended

with and when they don't have a customer for the night they sometimes give me a call if i'm interested

for free or a small tip ... just to set out some bait . (They know in the morning i always give them at least

500Bht) .  

So that was the price thread for today ....

I'm not surprised to read that, Jerry. He does have a "different" taste in women to me. However,, quite recently, I was twice offered (different bars) LT for 500 (soi7/8) and they were good looking - just said they had so few customers, but the same as you, I will give extra in the morning. Thank you for clarifying things (actually confirming what I suspected). I don't live there, although have been offered free from someone I had been with for several LTs, but had moved on.

It's good to get realistic information

I have some experience, of both central Pattaya and darkside.

Darkside in my experience is not cheaper than the places such as soi boukouw, soi dianna, when it comes to beer prices and girls.

Girls on the darkside are mostly older and uglier, but you can sometimes find a diamond in the rough.

That doesn't sound too good, maybe I should stay Central, unless someone offers a different opinion?

Property rental might be cheaper but add in transport costs if you want to travel into Pattaya and the savings may be a lot smaller than you anticipate. However, you might get more for your money.

200 bhat BF? Maybe a few years ago - please name the bar he claims this was from for accurate, current prices. 

500 baht LT? Maybe - presumably she is considered too rough for the Coconut Bar.

Farm fresh? Logic says with the number of bars in Pattaya there will be more choice/chance there but most bars have to add new stock occasionally. 

Lookers - the same comment as for farm fresh but it doesn't usually take the lookers long to realise that they can make a lot more money in Pattaya through having more/regular customers and move on.

Most businesses on the Darkside follow standard operating rules for Thailand - fewer customers, higher prices. You will find some beer bars with lower beer prices but these probably don't have the same quality of girls available. You will also find that those with ST facilities don't usually seel cheap beer.

I think that about draws a line under this topic! I didn't like the Darkside, anyway, on my few visits to my friends house! So I can cross that area off my list.

Thanks for all the useful advice, as usual, guys.

I should have know someone was going to offer another opinion 110ydie! I respect it, of course, as my mate says the same as you. I do know that if ever I decided to buy a house, I could only afford one there or in the depths of very far North Pattaya and the houses I've seen there are way out. Or not in Pattaya, of course!

• 2 years later...

200 Bht BF and 500 Bht LT ....

There are no bars on the darkside that take 200 Bht BF , the cheapest are 300 and some 4/500 Bht .  

LT girls for 500 Bht .... i guess his taste is very different from mine as well ......

Good looking girls must be very desperate to go for 500 Bht LT . The normal price is 1000 Bht and to

be honest i would be ashamed to pay a good performer 500 .

On the other hand if you visit certain bars frequently (like i do) there are some girls you come befriended

with and when they don't have a customer for the night they sometimes give me a call if i'm interested

for free or a small tip ... just to set out some bait . (They know in the morning i always give them at least

500Bht) .  

So that was the price thread for today ....

Butterfly Bar still maintains a ST barfine of 220 baht, room included, lady drinks 80 baht only.

At Pacha (previously Blue Cat) there has been an old hag who wanted 500 baht ST for everything, but all other girls at the Dark Side, young spinners or MILFs alike, will ask 1,000 baht ST nowadays.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Archived