Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is the "save the orphans" for reel ?

Several times during daytime in pattaya I get approch by people with a plastic id Card and some plastic picture off children asking me to donate money to an orphanige. Is this for reel or does the money go strait in to the pocket of the seller? I never give for a nummer off reasons:

1. Im not a computer wizard, but give me a pc and printer and i cold make those id's myself..

2. It seems like they allways need many thousend baht.. I have been sponsoring two children threw the red cross for 5 years now (no not trying to atc like a seint here, just saying how it is haha) , they cost about a 1000 baht each per month, where according to red cross half goes to pay for school, books , uniform etc. One in Africa, on in south america. Why does it seem to cost so much more in thailand and do any of you know if these "street vendors" are actually represtenting a good cause or it is a fraud ?

I also never give to those approaching me on street or in a bar. I just can not be sure if it is legitimate.

If you want to donate something, go visit the Father Ray Foundation or any of the other institutes in Pattaya and donate directly.

Or join in on one of the fund raisers regularly started by some well known bars.

Have you noticed that they are Filipino? Listen to the accent, I called one lady out on it a couple days ago and she got pretty pissed off with me. Fucking scammers. The only one I donate to is the ones that the PA boys have started because I know it's legit

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

The majority if not all are a scam. I phoned the orphanage and they do not collect funds in that manner. Personally we never give money under such circumstances, we only give direct to the charity. When we do raise money its gets paid direct to the charity by a bank cheque and we get photographic evidence so that all those that donated can see where it went.

The majority if not all are a scam. I phoned the orphanage and they do not collect funds in that manner. Personally we never give money under such circumstances, we only give direct to the charity. When we do raise money its gets paid direct to the charity by a bank cheque and we get photographic evidence so that all those that donated can see where it went.

This is the best way.

Even the Father Ray orphanage ask you donate "goods" (baby milk etc) and not to give cash, even at the orphanage itself. I am not saying they dont trust the staff - its simply a matter of being careful to avoid any unwanted accusations of misappropriation.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Cerberus, of course, is correct ... he's apparently been here long enough to be doubtful of anything coming from the lips of a Thai ... in Thailand, you may assume it is a scam if it is on the streets and is a solicitation ... of any kind.

We've all seen unwashed beggers clothed in tatters, with infants in Bangkok's BTS stairwells ... pitiful ... pathetic ... wretched ... heart-breaking ... yes, all of that ... but ... a scam ... they are indentured beggers (many of whom are stateless people from Thailand's northern borders) forced to work for mafia gangs who sweep the daily take from their cups ... and, oh yeah ... the Royal Thai Police are all a part of the scam, allowing them to illegally occupy prime zones for tourist traffic (locals do not give).

Sad, but that is the society Thailand has created for itself.

That you choose to give is marvelous, Verven ... yes, give and give generously, but in Thailand you would do well to give directly ... that is true in any situation here in which an intermediary positions themselves between you and your objective ... in business, and in philanthropic giving.

"Thailand ... A Nation of Crooks" could be the title of my book on Thai cultural values ... there are exceptions, but probably none on the Thai streets where you see these shit stains on the underwear of humanity.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

This is a scam, if you wantto donate to an orphanage many of the exchange booths have charity jars.

i wait for PA or Devils Den to start a fund drive and give through them....

It just makes more sense to me, that way i know its going to get there.....

My opinion...  don't be conned into giving $ those approaching you; the likely hood of it going to the children is slim to none.  Buy things they can use and  take directly to an orphanage if you want to help.   Or work with a group you know personally and trust. 

And I think it goes without saying, internet scams are also rife with fraud.   Even some well know organizations take a bit to much off the top for my tastes. 

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius

Archived