IGNORED

What apps?

sunnycoastguy

Ok i have decided to move on from the stone age with my phone. My question is what apps do i get, What are some good ones that you all use?

Whatsapp and Wechat for sure if you want to stay in touch.

Angry Birds cheats

phone dialer

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

Tapatalk, for accessing Pattaya Addicts.

Work the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde

Mobilevoip for calling whoever with up to 5 different caller ids

For TGF: Caller id home phone

For Wife: caller id from office in other country (just set it up when you are really there

For whoever: text from your phone with thai sim like it is coming from your mobile at home (no international roaming costs on your phonebill or text send from abroad)

Do I need to give more examples of this bloody handy tool :)

• 3 weeks later...

You should say whether you have an iPhone or Android phone.

For Android specifically I recommend:

Novalauncher (changes the home screen and feel of the phone, allows more customization)

Swiftkey (much better keyboard that learns as you type to help you type faster etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you are using andriod

"google+" is a must if you don't want to loose your pics, it automatically uploads every picture you take to your online google account straight after taking it(you can also set it to only upload new images over wifi only so you dont eat up all your mobile data)

"Go Launcher" is a great launcher and very customizable(Go Launcher has many great addons/apps like clock, weather, swype for shortcuts and many many more)

"Task Manager" is a small icon/widget that sits on your home screen(or any other screen you may want to place it on), it kills all background processes, thus freeing up ram when phone gets a bit laggy.

"Perfect Keyboard Free" has to be the best keyboard out there, for those who are tech savvy

"Gallery Lock" is an app that encrypts and hides any pic that you don't want anyone to see. To access/view them, you have to enter a pass code

"Mail Alert Pro" for setting a repeat notification when an email arrives(you can set it to repeat the email notification tone to whatever time frequency you want), very handy if you don't want to miss any emails.

I could go on and on with a huge list of great apps

My suggestion would be to login to playstore and type a keyword that relates to what you want to do, and you should be able to find the app that suits your needs :-)

Tango, pretty decent video calls as long as you have good quality internet.

Whatsapp, very easy messenger service to send texts, photos, videos, maps.

Viber seems pretty good for messaging also.

Period Tracker....helps to know such things for your favourites.

• 1 month later...

Dropbox for photos, videos and important files and its free.  This can be setup to upload photos as you take them.

Line for chatting up the ladies and friends.. seems very popular here in the Thailand.

Whatsapp is great for setting up groups to message all your mates in one message for a pint at your local watering hole.

Cheers,

Kurt 

--- Is it in yet?

Google translate

good for communicating with the girls

Google maps for finding your way around

XE currency for currency conversion

Tripadvisor for hotel reviews

Netflix

Skyscanner for flights

Shazam to identiy a song's name

TuneIn Radio